Associate Creative Director at Evolve
Evolve Vacation Rental is a hospitality company with a mission to make renting a vacation home easy for both property owners and guests. Thanks to an unapologetic passion for hospitality, we now support over 14,000 properties in over 700 markets across North America. We enjoy earning each guest and owner's business - all while having some fun along the way.
Why this role:
As part of our marketing team, our Associate Creative Director (Manager, Creative Services) will lead the creative development and execution of marketing assets that support our ambitious goals for attracting, converting and retaining guests and homeowners. We’ve established a great foundation for branded design and copywriting and you’ll have a personal and visible role in defining our next phase of brand standards, inspiring our creative services team, and expanding the breadth and depth of our marketing reach.
What you’ll do:
- Lead our internal creative team of designers and copywriters, managing and mentoring teammates to improve their skills, productivity, quality, and impact
- Apply best practices in omnichannel design, finding new directions for established brand standards while demonstrating fluency in design best practices for any medium
- Understand best practices in copywriting, giving equal weight to brand voice and clarity of messaging based on audience and company goals
- Lead and execute (in other words, not just delegate) creative projects that are on-brief and category-leading (including but not limited to website & blog expansion, landing pages, emails, digital and print ads, publications, internal communications, etc.)
- Manage your team’s professional development, oversee hiring, and assess team needs and opportunities with empathy and maturity
- Collaborate with other departments and leaders on improvements to internal and external brand applications, communications, and internal creative process
- Collaborate closely with the marketing team and the organization at large under the supervision of the Director of Brand and Communications
- Work closely with our digital and product teams to improve the performance of our existing web experiences while planning and executing ongoing website enhancements
- Update landing pages, emails, and other digital templates with a working knowledge of front end languages (HTML, CSS)
- Participate in conceptual brainstorming to solve business problems, generate new ideas, and improve creative quality
- Provide design support and/or source freelance design help for the marketing team as needed
What makes you a great fit:
You should be a natural leader and collaborator, conceptual thinker and tireless tinkerer, focused on making the people, process, and output of our creative team second to none in our category. You should be as comfortable brainstorming, mentoring, and contributing daily work as you are blazing new trails for our visual and verbal brand.
- 7+ years of professional experience in omnichannel graphic design
- 2+ years experience managing and mentoring multidisciplinary creative teams
- Mastery of design and execution best practices
- Detail-oriented creator and deadline-oriented manager
- Flexible and fast learner with a drive for continuous improvement
- Ability to multitask, collaborate, and prioritize in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with rapid pace of change
Preferred but not required
- Degree in Graphic or Digital Design or a related field with emphasis on digital execution
- Travel/Hospitality industry experience
- UX/UI experience
While we are all currently working from home until at least July, our goal is to eventually return to our beautiful Denver office and collaborate in person.
Total Rewards at Evolve
At Evolve, we care for our teammates by supporting their physical, mental, and financial wellbeing through a comprehensive Total Rewards Program.
- Industry competitive pay
- Health insurance package options that include 100% employer paid HDHP plan and two PPO plan options for you and your dependents
- Employer paid dental, and vision, for you and your qualified dependents
- Paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- Company equity
- 401(k) with a 4% match that vests immediately
- PTO, sick days, and paid Parental Leave
But wait, there’s more… optional benefits offered include commuter benefits, pet insurance and travel perks.
For this role our salary range is $82,500 to $113,000, based on relevant experience.
Opportunity: Our leadership and management teams are dedicated to creating meaningful learning and growth opportunities for all Evolvers, as well as providing clear expectations and continuous feedback.
Community: It’s easy to make friends at Evolve. We support maintaining a strong community through our teammate-led groups focused on learning, inclusion, environmental wellness, and more.
Transparency: Every month, our leadership team shares how the company is performing, explaining where we’re headed next, and recognizing team members for jobs well done.
Values: They mean more to Evolve than just bullets on a page, they drive our daily decisions and impact how we work as a hospitality company.
- Earn It
- Build Loyalty One Interaction at a Time
- Communicate Often, Honestly & Directly
- Embrace Change
- Stay Hungry & Humble
- Be Efficient
- Take Risks
- Learn Every Day
- Have Some Fun Along the Way
Which value sounds the most like you?
Evolve is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse work environment is a successful work environment so all qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status