Deployment Delivery Driver at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
Position:Asset Recovery Specialist / Driver
Sustainable Technology Solutions is seeking a Regional Deployment Technician to join the transportation and logistics team. The successful candidate will travel to client sites and perform IT Asset Disposition and Recovery services in accordance with each client’s statement of work. Candidates must be well organized and possess excellent customer service skills.
Hours: 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (some overtime and flexibility required)
Average Pay: $22 – Depends on experience
Quality and Customer Service:
- Provide courteous and professional customer service
- Delight the client
- Bridge client relations
- Adhere to all quality, environmental, health and safety standards
- Remove, transfer, and deliver electronic assets and equipment to an AVR facility or cross dock.
- Maintain all motor vehicle logs, documentation, and driving standards as required by the Department of Transportation (DOT), federal/state authorities, and Arrow Electronics.
- Regularly inspect all company assigned equipment and hardware
- Report repair and/or maintenance requests to dispatch
- Maintain vehicle in a clean and fueled state of readiness.
- Safe driving record with no traffic occurrences over the last 30 months
- Arrow will sponsor attainment of Class B CDL
- Package, palletize, load, transport, and unload freight in a manner that adheres to all required safety and quality standards.
- Prepare, receive and remit appropriate documentation for the delivery or pick up of freight to ensure accurate order tracking, billing, and timely service.
- Responsible for managing packaging supply inventory at an AVR facility or cross dock
- Responsible for all inventory management, onsite scanning, and reconciliation using Arrow‘s mobile scanning technology.
Technical Knowledge (Training will be provided):
- Technical/functional knowledge of computer hardware
- Familiarity with the Android OS mobile platform
- Barcode/Asset tag scanning
- Onsite data erasure
- Ability to change BIOS settings
- Ability to set up a mobile network
- Ability to identify system errors and apply above average knowledge of computer hardware
- High school diploma or equivalent and 2+ years’ driving experience
- Must be at least 21 years old and able to lift up to 75 lb.’s without assistance
- Professional appearance and behavior, including punctuality
- Be results oriented, and have excellent attention to detail
- Ability to interface with technical and non-technical staff
- Strong communication skills: written, verbal, comprehension
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions in various forms (written, oral or diagram)
- Strong problem solving skills and adaptable to change in process or required activities
- Ability to identify IT devices including, PC’s, laptops, HDD’s, printers, networking, monitors
- Must not be disqualified to drive a commercial motor vehicle as per CFR 391.15
- Must have a clear driving record showing no accidents in a thirty (30) month time period and no more than two (2) moving violations in the same time period
- Ability to work independently and perform other duties as assigned
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous ITAD experience and familiarity with asset management / value recovery programs.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing, warehouse, or production environment
- Previous experience packaging and transporting IT Assets and devices
- Valid Class B CDL and ability to drive 26 ft. box truck w/ Air Brakes
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy. Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health, vision, dental, 401K, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family.
Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology. Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year. http://benefits.arrow.com
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.