Pie Insurance is an insurtech company tackling meaningful problems. At Pie, we work with small businesses using technology and innovation to improve how they access insurance. Like our small business clients, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs. So, at the heart of every decision we make is the idea that if it doesn’t serve our clients, it doesn’t serve us.
The Workforce Analyst will build and scale our first Workforce Management (WFM) functions at Pie through capacity planning, forecasting, scheduling, and staffing. This position will monitor and evaluate Pie's staffing levels and call volume efficiency to ensure the optimal results for select areas of the business. This position is highly collaborative and cross functional, and will work closely with their immediate teams, as well as other departments in video, phone and in-person meeting settings. They will provide status updates, align deliverables, present information, and provide direction daily; with more formal presentations to the leadership team on a monthly basis.
This role can be hybrid in-office or a remote based position: Once our offices reopen, hybrid roles provide team members with the flexibility of working partially from our Denver or DC office and from the team member's home. If you are a remote based team member the role may require minimal travel (up to 10%) to our Denver and/or DC office once reopened. As a remote team member, you will be expected to be available for meetings with team members in other time zones and have access to reliable high-speed internet.
How You'll Do It
- Forecasting, Managing Staffing Needs & Scheduling:
- Analyze contact volume, headcount requirements, unproductive time, planned and unplanned time off and provide forecasting to team executives for staffing and coverage needs in order to exceed Pie's business goals.
- Create optimal schedules to meet service levels and business goals.
- Publish and communicate schedules to Pie's leaders and front-line Pie-oneers. Implement standards and processes for events such as tracking attendance, monitoring real-time and schedule adherence, shift bids, split-schedules, etc.
- Assist with scheduling new hires, 1:1's, team meetings, PTO, training, and any other activities which may impact service levels and business goals.
- Statistical + Real Time Analysis and Support:
- Analyze and identify real-time and historical contact center performance and identify opportunities for improvement
- Identify and manage communication of real-time volume drivers and outages that impact performance, and forecasting needs.
- Real time support includes: intraday reporting, skill/prioritization adjustments, and notifying management of changes in key performance indicators.
- Manage large amounts of data from various sources, conduct root cause analysis of data to understand changes in performance.
- Identify opportunities for increased efficiency (phone and non-phone), provide recommendations accordingly based on data, and work with colleagues to put recommendations into process.
- Build and Scale WFM department:
- Establish ground-up workforce processes, including modeling, process documentation (SOPs), and reporting.
- Generate Reporting:
- Develop and distribute reporting for daily, weekly and monthly results for average handle time (AHT), after call work (ACW), Shrink, Attrition, Service Level, Schedule Adherence, Abandon Rate, etc.
- Vendor Management:
- Responsible for working closely with multiple cross-functional owners to manage relationships with telephony and WFM vendors.
The Right Stuff
- HS Diploma or equivalent is required; Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in WFM and Contact center management in a multichannel, multidirectional environment is required.
- 3+ years experience using contact center technology including WFM optimization software is required.
- Experience in building out WFM processes and systems required. Preferred experience in a start-up or high-growth environment.
- Must have the ability to analyze real-time and historical call volume and staffing data to identify opportunities for performance improvement and forecasting needs.
- Demonstrated organizational planning and project management skills.
- Advanced communication (written, verbal and presentation) skills, to deliver complex information effectively and align people with the needs of the project/team.
- Advanced problem solving skills, to be able to manage complex situations with multiple layers, and resolution anticipating needs now and into the future.
- Advanced awareness of workflow and project tradeoffs to make data driven decisions.
- Advanced leadership knowledge; coupled with the ability to build, develop, and coach; while managing the successful group/team workflow
- Experience in building a best in class WFM team in a rapidly growing start-up environment.
- Ability to adapt to new systems quickly and find efficiencies and useful capabilities.
- Analytical Thinking: Strong background in process improvement and statistical analysis desired.
- Communication: Capable of synthesizing information and communicating it to various audiences
- Process Oriented: Strong experience in creating standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Building Collaborative Relationships: Must work across several business groups and create strong working relationships with leaders and Pie-oneers alike.
- Establishing Focus: Develop and communicate goals in support of the business.
- Fostering Innovation: Thinking beyond today and working cooperatively to produce innovative solutions.
- Competitive salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock options)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- Paid sick leave
- Future focused 401k match
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work and recognized with our monthly culture award.
- Generous parental leave
Compensation & Benefits
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as Pie. That includes our offer process. When we have identified talent that is a good fit for Pie, we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at your knowledge, skills and experience along with your compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges. We value and want to support our team members, and are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation package which includes the following:
Compensation Range for position: $61,500 - $81,000
Other Compensation: Each year Pie reviews the Company’s performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance participates in the E-Verify program. Please click here, here and here for more information.
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie is rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot
Check out our great reviews from current and former employees on Glassdoor
Pie raises an additional $127M in funding