Vice President, Business Information Systems at JumpCloud (Greater Denver Area, CO)
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:06 a.m. (MST) on Monday, July 26, 2021
All roles at JumpCloud are Remote in the U.S. unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
Do you enjoy solving challenging problems using the latest technologies within a great team? Is knowing your work will be highly visible and mission critical a key component for the next step in your career? At JumpCloud, we’re looking for best-in-class talent to help define the future of modern identity and device management from the ground up.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to corporate technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities, their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. JumpCloud has a global user base of more than 100,000 organizations, with over 3,000 customers including Cars.com, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight, Beyond Finance and Foursquare. JumpCloud is backed by BlackRock, General Atlantic, OpenView, and Foundry Group.
JumpCloud’s disruption of traditional B2B selling motions of mission critical identity and security solutions through its PLG (product led growth) model has in many ways re-invented what most companies think of their business information systems and related ‘back end’ technologies. To us, BIS is the literal heartbeat of our SaaS platform - the heart of making this operation and our goals in customer self-service happen effectively, securely and in ways that reshape how software is purchased, scaled and managed, often with no human intervention needed.
To meet these challenges, JumpCloud is in search of an experienced, execution-driven, Vice President of Business Information Systems. Reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer, this executive leader will leverage their significant experience in business operations, software engineering, vendor management and integration and exceptional team building to generate an execution machine.
This role requires an in-depth knowledge of business operations and processes along with SaaS product development and integration needs in order to create a technology strategy that underpins JumpCloud’s automated PLG selling, customer lifecycle and G&A motions. You will collaborate with business and product leaders to deliver on internal and external customer needs and prioritize them for fast and effective delivery. You will collaborate with leadership to support the operational infrastructure needs of a scaling business. Lastly, you will obsess over how to exploit automation and technology to reduce redundancy and unnecessary business processes humans must do repetitively.
Are you driven by working on ground-breaking solutions instead of replaying old playbooks? This job’s for you.
Your Key Outcomes:
- You will establish BIS as a central hub of the organization, turning the underlying home grown and off the shelf technology we use into the company’s heartbeat.
- You will drive your business unit to show how integration and automation can create a highly effective customer experience, and provide lucrative operational outcomes for our business.
- You will drive cross-functional aggregation and management of a broad spectrum of inbound requests from various business teams including (Product, Growth, Sales and Marketing operations, Customer Support, Finance etc.).
- You will derive processes to drive effective prioritization, cross functional alignment and interdependencies and change management of these requests.
- You will own and drive the execution of these requests into a systematic delivery pipeline, analogous to, yet independent of, our core platform engineering team.
- You will perform these tasks in a consistent, auditable and secure way, establishing appropriate measures of monitoring and risk reduction to our business to eliminate any surfaces of attack or compromise .
Your Key Areas of Strategic Focus:
- Establish the roadmap and strategic direction of JumpCloud’s BIS systems which includes architecture, technology choice and management.
- Integrate the disparate internal teams and external contracting resources into one well organized and high-performing BIS business unit.
- Establish a well run engineering cadence leveraging the company’s agile approaches.
- Provide API accessibility for easier ‘customer’ (internal or external) integration of the key services being built and managed.
- Integrate and collaborate with JumpCloud product and engineering leadership for roadmap planning and satisfaction of BIS requirements supporting platform goals.
- Drive integrated and automated processes that deliver operational excellence, are audit ready at all times, and are supported by the appropriate level of documentation and change management.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Produce documentation including IT roadmap, project/ operations updates and metrics, requirements, business processes, and training materials.
- Drive execution of a portfolio of projects as well as tactical operational needs through effective prioritization, planning (objectives, success criteria, scope, timelines, and cost) and oversight.
- Lead functional and technical system activities as needed including business process definition, system configuration and operational impacts across the organization.
- Working with the Finance team, establish and monitor the proper level of internal controls of financial reporting (ultimately including SoX compliance) on BIS infrastructure, people and processes.
- Align and manage JumpCloud Finance compliance reporting roadmap.
- Integrate with JC’s security engineering and CISO for architecture reviews during integration projects.
- Partner with JC’s CISO and compliance teams to implement and operationalize necessary controls and policies.
- Ensure strong security approaches when building/managing BIS to ensure compliance with JumpCloud’s SOC2 Type 2 controls and others such as GDPR and ISO27001 the Company may be pursuing.
- 15+ years of experience in information systems and technology supporting business functions.
- 5+ years of experience building, scaling and managing operations and teams supporting business operations that are remotely and/or globally located.
- Experience in selection and management of external contractors and integrators.
- You have strong vendor negotiation and budget management experience.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills - you’ll be working cross functionally across the entire organization to help each other achieve their objectives.
- You will be hands on, execution-minded and analytical with a high attention to detail and a passion and interest in driving high quality.
- A degree in MIS or Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in agile planning, notably Scrum.
- Experience with Netsuite, AWS, Salesforce, Mulesoft, Solupay, Snowflake, Avalara and HRIS systems like ADP, Work, etc.
- Experience in API-level engineering, automation and integration strategies.
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual compensation range for this role is $230,000-$275,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. JumpCloud provides comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, life insurance and 401k benefits. We have an unlimited vacation policy and also provide commuter benefits for employees in the Denver/Boulder, CO area.
Every JumpCloudian has equity in what we’re creating. It’s part of each offer we make and it’s our way of inviting each team member to participate in building their own personal success as we succeed as an organization.
Where you’ll be working
All our roles are remote in the U.S. unless otherwise specified. Our Headquarters is in the Denver/Boulder, CO area. Once we reopen our offices you will have the opportunity to remain fully remote (in the U.S.), work from one of our office locations (CO only currently) or flex your time.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Read Full Job Description