US Contractor - Data Engineer (Big Data) at GHX
We work to solve deep technical problems that improve the world of Healthcare. These problems span a variety of core topics in computer science ranging from databases to distributed systems. We are looking for an Experienced Data Engineer for a 6-month contract (possibility to extend or convert to FTE) to join our new Data Organization.
Principle duties and responsibilities:
- Leads backend and ETL development effort for the Data Team.
- Designs, develops, and performance-tunes extraction, transformation, and load (ETL) processes using SQL, PySpark or Python source-to-target data mappings.
- Analyzing Use Case requirements and working with teammates to implement defined functionality.
- Provide architectural guidance and development/build standards for the team.
- Promoting collaboration through activities such as design sessions, design reviews, pair programming, etc.,
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology
- 8 years of data engineering experience building business intelligence applications with exceptional SQL, PL/SQL, and/or Python skills
- 5 years of experience of ETL development in a big data environment
- 5 years working in an agile development environment.
- Experience developing in an AWS environment using S3, EC2, Redshift, Glue, Athena and RDS
- Strong ownership, urgency, and drive to ship code
- Ability to think outside the normal concepts to implement
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and designs to cross functional teams and off shore teams with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Displays flexibility in adapting to changing conditions.
- Strong team player, makes a valuable contribution to team objectives, displays trust and mutual understanding, accepts constructive feedback, and handles confrontation constructively.
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
- Application/system architecture experience
- Experience with AWS Services RedShift Spectrum, Elastic Search, API Gateway and Lambda