Threat Intelligence Analyst I at Ball Aerospace
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter or Instagram .
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Capability Unit provides discriminating support to the business to ensure success. We focus on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation while improving the efficiency of the business through effective governance and analysis of process, data and overall business knowledge.
Threat Intelligence Analyst I
The Threat Intelligence - Supply Chain Security position will be part of a team that performs Supply Chain Risk Management (SCRM) through cyber threat analysis, open-source research and vetting, and continuous monitoring in order to develop strategies and mitigations to protect Ball Aerospace from various supply chain threats. In this role, you will conduct risk, criticality, and vulnerability assessments to evaluate and prioritize supply chain vendors and the impact these vendors may have on Ball Aerospace, its programs, and missions. Additionally, you will help formulate supply chain mitigations and integrate risk management and supply chain security processes throughout Ball Aerospace's business and support units. This role also includes the protection and enforcement of Ball Aerospace's cyber supply chain security capabilities and requirements.
What You'll Do:
- Support Ball Aerospace Security and Mission Assurance by providing investigative expertise within the supply chain security program framework and engage with various areas of Ball Aerospace's Integrated Supply Chain to support acquisition and SCRM policies, processes, and procedures.
- Partner with Strategic Business Units to identify, analyze, and mitigate third-party security risks associated with suppliers and products.
- Identify, evaluate, prioritize, and mitigate supplier base cybersecurity and counterintelligence risks with respect to their potential impact on Ball Aerospace's supply chain through the supplier information security review process for all new suppliers and annual reviews of existing suppliers.
- Develop, disseminate, and maintain risk analysis reporting for supplier and vendor base.
- Conduct continuous monitoring of supplier and vendor cyber hygiene and organizational change affecting risk to Ball Aerospace.
- Utilize and maintain third-party supply chain intelligence tools.
- Monitor and mitigate supplier security issues associated with security control gaps.
- Educate and build enterprise awareness of supply chain security risks and requirements.
- Continuously work to improve the overall supply chain security process.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capability Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 3 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- 3 or more years of experience within one or more of the following:
- Supporting Supply Chain Risk Management or Supply Chain Procurement
- Economic or Industrial Espionage Analysis
- Critical Asset Protection
- Cyber Threat Operations or Threat Intelligence
- Analytical support to Intelligence Community or Military
- At least 1 year of experience in one or more of the following areas preferred:
- Defense Industrial Base (DIB) or Aerospace specific SCRM Analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to independently research and solve technical issues.
- Experience with analytical tools and methods such as link analysis, cyber analysis, and risk management analysis.
- Familiarity with federal acquisition and supply chain security guidelines, policies, and regulations such as the NIST Special Publication 800-series and various Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) clauses pertaining to DoD contractors and the defense industrial base.
- Experience working within high paced environment.
- Excellent teaming skills.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $80,500 - $109,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.