Threat Detection Analyst at Zoom Video Communications (Greater Denver Area, CO)
We're problem-solvers and self-starters, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you'll work across teams to dig deep into impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate, and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
Do you love taking things apart to see how they are made? Do you know your disassemblers from your debuggers? Are you curious about how supply chain attacks work and how to prevent them? If the answer is yes then read on!
At Zoom, we are seeking a Threat Detection Analyst to join the Release Security Assurance team. As a Threat Detection Analyst, you will be responsible for operating, supporting, and managing critical workflows, ensuring Zoom's software is released with the highest level of trust and security.
You will be committed to analyzing suspicious artifacts, helping assess potential security risks and associated impact. You will also have a chance to create new partnerships and work across Zoom's security and engineering organizations to mitigate potential security risks in Zoom's software.
You will also be involved in helping shape Zoom's security initiatives, policies, and processes to influence stronger security practices earlier in the software development lifecycle.
- Customer focus to ensure happy customers
- Flexibility and agility to work in a fast-paced high-growth organization with rapidly evolving priorities
- Ability to work collaboratively across diverse engineering teams to meet organizational security goals across a diverse product portfolio
- Experience in reverse engineering software binaries
- Understanding of antimalware technologies and common malware techniques
- Ability to differentiate between potentially unwanted applications and malware
- Understanding of common software supply chain attacks and how to prevent them
- Passion for security and for improving the security development lifecycle
What we are looking for:
- Experience with software reverse engineering tools and methods
- Experience with debuggers, compilers, assemblers, linkers, source code extractors, and disassemblers for Windows, Linux, Android, Apple OS X, and IOS platforms
- Knowledge of public cloud infrastructure security protections and weaknesses
- Experience in scripting skills, i.e. Python, Perl, PowerShell, Bash, etc.
- Familiarity with compliance and audit requirements
- Familiarity of secured software build / release processes and best practices
- This is remote position in the U.S., San Jose preferred
Colorado Salary Range or On Target Earnings:
In addition to the base salary and/or OTE listed, Zoom has a Total Direct Compensation philosophy that takes into consideration base salary, bonus and equity value. Information about Zoom's benefits is here . Note: Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. We also have a location based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Zoom's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram