Technical Data Specialist
As a member of Kapost’s Professional Services team, your specialty will be in the optimization of solutions to address our customers’ data migration, analysis, and visualization needs. In this role you will work directly with our customers, with our engineers, support teams, and other roles across the company to assess opportunities for leveraging data to for competitive advantage.
In this role, you will be in charge of specific technical services delivered to our clients for which you are assigned, with an emphasis on data migration, analytics, and bulk data updates. As a member of the Professional Services Technical team, you will also be involved in developing new technical services opportunities, helping with the growth of our business, and delivering customer requirements to keep our customers delighted with every aspect of their involvement with Kapost.
This is a billable consulting position in our growing organization. Travel and utilization requirements are expected to accompany this role on an as needed basis. You will have the following primary duties in this role:
- Lead expert in the Asset Migration services delivery (migration of data and digital assets from various locations to our Kapost platform)
- Execution of Asset Migration and Bulk Data updates for Professional Services engagements
- Maintenance and optimization of tools (scripts, utilities, etc.) in use for technical services delivery
- Subject matter expertise of the Kapost application, primarily in the storage of data, organization of metadata, and ability to extract/manipulate the data for various applications
- Collaboration with Support and Engineering as needed to resolve defects
- Working directly with customers to write reports and other data visualization requests, scripts, and other data manipulation requests to meet customer requirements
- Serve as the subject matter expert on a team of consultants to develop innovative solutions to data-centric problems
As a member of this growing team and a specialist in data analytics, the following skills and expertise will be required on a daily basis:
- Ruby knowledge and RESTful API knowledge. Many of our tools today are built using Ruby and interface to Kapost REST API’s, data structures, etc.
- Data extraction and manipulation to Excel, CSV, XML, etc. writing and preparing large quantities of data for bulk transactions, leveraging the Ruby Toolbox (ex. AXLSX Gem), and other techniques to go beyond the limitations of CSVs
- Use open source tools and best practices to build innovative processes for data migration, transformation, and analytics.
- Develop and apply industry standard analytic methods to identify, collect, process and analyze large data sets for specified purposes.
- Develop analytical solutions that are scalable, repeatable, effective, and meet the expectations of Kapost customers who are world class marketers.
- Prepare, develop, and deliver professional, polished, and persuasive presentations that enable strategic decision making that support a customer’s vision.
- 2-5 years professional experience as a data analyst, solutions architect, or technology consultant in a related field and/or equivalent experience
- Experience working with customers in a customer-facing role
- Extremely detail oriented with a customer-first focus
- Excited to learn an innovative new product
- An advanced Excel user preferably using VBA procedures
- Basic scripting knowledge - preferably Ruby, Python, Matlab or Mathematica
- A naturally curious problem solver
- A keen interest in the growing field of data science
- Positive & optimistic
- Flexible & patient with change
- A good sense of humor
- Ability to travel up to 75%
Asset Migration Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Clearly define source document requirements with the customer
- Assure completeness and accuracy in source documents
- Manipulate and clean data from source documents
- Upload data from source documents into Kapost
- Manually change data within Kapost
- Run existing scripts
- Create additional automation (scripts) for all manual tasks listed
- Help the Support Engineers improve the asset migration application
What We Offer:
- An opportunity for growth and learning in the tech industry
- A fun work environment. We have company lunches once a week, monthly happy hours, kickball, foosball, a kegerator in the break room, and dogs everywhere
- Flexible work schedule. We know you are a professional as long as you get your work done; if you need to work from home sometimes that is okay