Technical Business Analyst - IT Data & Analytics at Prologis
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 994 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Job Title:Technical Business Analyst - IT Data & Analytics
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
Prologis is looking for a Technical Business Analyst to join our Data and Analytics team. The ideal candidate for this role is always curious, has a proven record of attention to detail but also understands the bigger picture, has persistent problem-solving skills, and gets excited about working with the latest technology and out-of-the-box thinking.
As a Technical Business Analyst, you will be responsible for the technical design and execution of data solutions based on Prologis’ business needs. This unique position provides opportunities for creative problem-solving and data analysis throughout all facets of our organization while working on and engaging with a team that is core to Prologis’ data and data-driven solutions. You will collaborate with business teams, documenting their requirements for new Data and Analytics structures that support their workflow and decision-making processes. Based on their information you will be responsible for the design of data models that will satisfy business needs, drive innovation, and conform to our design principles. You’ll assume ownership of guiding data projects through the development process, collaborating with a team of data experts, ETL developers, visualization designers and Data Scientists to assure the delivery of a high-quality product. Data is increasingly critical to how we make decisions at Prologis and this team is on the forefront of this effort.
What's needed to do that:
- Performing process analysis.
- Connecting processes to business systems and databases to understand how processes and data are connected.
- Gathering data usage requirements from business users. Data can be used for multiple uses including analytics, AI/ML, and business decision automation.
- Designing data structures according to Prologis standards, keeping the structures as simple and reusable as possible.
- Documenting data structures to guarantee maintainability and understanding.
- Managing projects in Jira using Agile best practices including epics, stories and sprints.
- Establishes ongoing, effective two-way communication within the team and with business stakeholders to ensure customer satisfaction and product delivery success.
- Collaboration with ETL, virtualization and visualization team members. By working as a team, you guarantee the quality of the final data product.
- Assuring quality by continuously testing your data products while being developed and after they are deployed in production.
- Ensuring end user proficiency by closely collaborating and improving data literacy. Only data that is used has value.
- Providing documentation and training for data products.
Tell us if you're ready.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as computer science or information technology, or a Bachelor of Science in economics or business with a proven affinity with data.
- 3 years of experience as a technical business analyst or data analyst.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL including proper use of advanced functions. Knowledge of Snowflake and/or Denodo is a plus. Knowledge and/or experience with Tableau is also a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of data modeling including multi-dimensional and third normal form. Experience with data warehouse concepts and dimensional modeling.
- Ability to work independently.
- Has an extreme attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to clearly communicate orally and in writing, utilizing technical constructs like process flows and ERDs etc. where applicable.
- Creative thinker that generates ideas about how data and analytics can be used to support long term company growth and success.
- Self-motivated to create the best data structure possible. You believe that there is always something that can be improved.
- Ability to deliver creative solutions for complex business problems.
- An eagerness to keep up with technology advancements, and a desire to learn.
Hiring Salary Range of: $90,000 - $123,000. Salary and whole compensation package (including bonus target) to be determined by the candidate’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.
All full-time roles in the US come with a robust benefits package which includes healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for employees and eligible dependents. Prologis also offers several other wellness, financial, and work/lifestyle-specific benefits. Our 401(k) retirement plan has a company match of 50% up to 12% of eligible compensation. We also offer generous PTO with a starting accrual of 22 days a year in addition to paid holidays and volunteer time.#LI-LG
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employment Type:Full time
As a condition to the commencement of your employment, Prologis requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. You are considered fully vaccinated two (2) weeks after your second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two (2) weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. In addition, we are now requiring all employees to get a vaccine booster when eligible. Prologis will consider requests for a reasonable accommodation as to the vaccination requirement on the basis of a disability or sincerely-held religious belief in accordance with applicable law.