Team Lead, Senior Quality Engineer at FJA-US Inc.
The Lead QA Engineer will create test cases to the given traceability matrix and test scenarios. They are responsible for quality controls and procedures on the projects they are assigned to and lead the local and remote resources to meet the project goals. They analyze functional specifications written by Business Analysts to identify test objects and potential gaps: unusual workflow or system constellations which the functional specification does not define. They gather and analyze test data including special test artifacts like mocked up test data.
During development phases they will support the development team by executing early tests for complex features which are initially partially implemented.
During the planned test cycles they will execute designed test cases and test functionality implemented by the developers; ensuring high quality deliverables to our clients. After the test cycles they will define which functional test cases are to be included in future regression tests.
They work with the rest of the QA team to continually improve FJA’s agile QA methodology and processes.
The Lead QA Engineer may also own the defect management role, evaluating incoming tickets raised by the client. Then reproduce reported issues and ensure that incoming tickets are complete and inform the implementation team accordingly.
- Design test strategies and write test cases and scenarios for future test execution and automation to ensure the designed coverage
- Gather test data and mock up required artifacts (e.g. test data files)
- Design, develop and execute test scenarios and automated test scripts. Clearly document defects identified during the process.
- Prepare Release Notes with the results of the integration tests prior to each delivery
- Prepare and deliver test cases to clients
- Review functional specifications written by Business Analysts and participate in elaboration sessions to fully understand applications and feature design
- Review client test cases and triage client reported defects
- Attend project team meetings.
- Keep application and process data updated
People Leadership/Development Duties
- Provide direction and collaborate on tasks with QA Engineers both locally and in remote offices.
- As directed, provide job related mentorship and training to peers.
- As requested, provide peer review feedback.
Education, Certification and/or Formal Training
- High School Diploma required;
- College degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Economics or closely related field is a plus
- Further education specific to the discipline and/or tools used for effective QA work or defect management is a plus
- Minimum 2 years:
- Testing multi-tier web based software including documentation of identified issues / defects as well as experience with common standard test tools and frameworks (e.g. Selenium, JMeter or JUnit)
- Analyzing functional specifications and identify test objects and gaps
- Analyzing defects by performing a series of tests to isolate the potential cause
- Writing and executing functional and technical test scenarios, including finding the edge cases that may not be thought of during development
- Working with clients to analyze reported defects and environmental issues
- Reproduce UAT results reported by the client in local environments and check reported issues to be complete
- Hands on experience designing, developing and executing automated tests
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Working in a highly collaborative team in an Agile development environment
- Highly Desired:
- Healthcare Industry experience, especially claims processing and/or products and benefits management
- Other types of non-health insurance industry experience such as life, P&C, and disability
- Experience developing automated test cases
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Is committed to deliver high quality results with attention to detail
- Displays passion for delivering high quality software and working collaboratively with talented technical teams
- Demonstrates initiative to advance test scenarios and automated testing
- Strong analytical, research and problem solving skills with a proven ability to identify, assess and solve complex challenges.
- Builds solid interpersonal relationships with team members across all levels of an organization.
- Ability and drive to learn FJA’s business and application suite
- Strong professional communication skills through listening, writing, and speaking effectively.
- Thrive in a fast paced, high growth, team based environment while successfully handling competing and changing priorities and responsibilities.
This job generally operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers/keyboards/mice, printers, phones, mobile devices, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines, etc. The noise level in the office work environment varies from moderate to loud. When traveling to client sites, the employee may be exposed to various unknown work environments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; grasp and/or reach with hands and arms; repetitive movements of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close visual acuity and ability to adjust focus to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing computer monitor(s); extensive reading; and legally operate a motor vehicle.
This position may occasionally necessitate working additional hours and weekends outside of the employee’s regular work schedule.
Based upon business needs, local and/or national US travel up to 5% may be required.