Small business makes the world go round – it's the heart of the global economy. At Xero we want millions of small businesses to thrive through beautiful software, advice and connections. We aim to make being a small business more efficient and profitable, and more enjoyable too.
How you'll make an impact
As a strategy manager, you will be part of the US strategy and analytics team responsible for influencing the long term direction of the US business and driving key strategic projects to improve performance of the US and Global business. You'll execute and support a broad range of US and global strategic projects for Xero including market research, competitive intelligence, and understanding customer needs and trends
What you'll do
- Lead projects end-to-end: identifying and structuring problems, analyzing root causes, developing solutions, communicating project results, and getting buy-in for change
- Work closely with business experts across product, sales, marketing and education
- Conduct strategic projects evaluating the performance of current business operations and recommend strategies and tactics to achieve business goals
- Build detailed competitor, market and customer segmentation models
- Support go-to-market initiatives including customer segmentation, interviews, and market research
- Create and deliver high-quality presentations to senior executives
- Support internal and external communications, including CEO-level and investor presentations
Success looks like
- Timely execution of strategy projects and presentation to senior management
- Development of insights and recommendations to support key executive decisions (internal and external)
- Delivery of annual strategy development process
- Creation of industry vertical strategy
What you'll bring with you
- Strong teamwork and cross-functional team influencing skills
- Experience and proficiency in meeting and presenting to senior staff
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with experience building complex models
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office and/or G-suite
- Managing customer research (online and in person), analyzing results and developing key insights
- Strong analytical background with track record of analyzing data from various sources into reports, analyze trends and make fact-based recommendations
- Team-oriented, self-motivated, success-driven, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
- BS or higher degree in quantitative field, preferably Accounting, Economics, Business or Finance
- 3-8 years experience in top tier strategy consulting firm or corporate strategy team
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted AccountingPrinciples (GAAP) preferred
- Familiarity with SaaS business models, sales and marketing preferred
- Sales and marketing operations experience
Why you'll love Xero
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought and we like that. A collaborative and inclusive environment is important to us. Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge and support you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, innovation, and change are not only inspired but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
We have a unique and special culture based around our values (#ownership, #challenge, #beautiful, #human and #champion) and offer a number of other great benefits and perks including Xero shares.
So if you want to hear more and get the opportunity to help shape the next phase in the Xero success story please apply!
Xero is an Equal Opportunity Employer.