Strategy & Corporate Development Analyst
As a Strategy and Corporate Development Analyst, you will have the opportunity to work on exciting CEO and Board-level strategy projects to help Simple Energy achieve its ambitious growth agenda. You’ll help to define the strategic direction of the company, conduct deep-dive analysis on critical “needle-moving” topics, support corporate development initiatives including M&A, and help manage communication with the Board of Directors. In effectively doing so you will help advance Simple Energy’s purpose to create a more sustainable future.
High level overview of the role:
Execution of M&A strategy and plan
- Conducts ongoing screening and prioritization of potential M&A targets using quantitative and qualitative analysis and provides recommendations to senior leadership
- Tracks and reports on follow-up activities for watchlist companies
- Helps to prepare for and present during Leadership Squad meetings to provide updates and frame decisions related to M&A
- Helps to prepare regular M&A updates for CEO and Board of Directors
- Support Product Managers by monitoring the competitive landscape and performing analysis of relative product positioning, feature and functionality comparisons to inform our product roadmaps
M&A deal and transaction support
- When Simple Energy is pursuing an M&A transaction, project manage the due diligence process and decision-making to help drive the deal to close
- Support integration planning
Project-specific support for critical strategic initiatives
- Thought partner with Director of Strategy and Corporate Development on strategic priorities
- Help lead strategic initiatives by developing frameworks, approaches and analysis in support of other strategy projects (e.g. pricing strategy, category design)
To get started right away you will need:
- Experience: 2+ years of management consulting, venture capital, private equity or investment banking experience or 4+ years of strategy or corporate development experience, preferably in the energy or technology industry.
- Analytical horsepower: Strong quantitative and financial analysis skills, comfortable navigating a data-driven business environment to assist in deriving business insights
- Communication: Ability to design and build effective executive-level presentations in Powerpoint. Strong verbal communication skills including ability to explain complex topics to senior audiences.
- Discipline: Excellent time management skills and ability to handle multiple projects/tasks simultaneously. Process orientation and ability to drive both strategy creation and tactical execution.
- Collaboration: Ability to work collaboratively and influence stakeholders across the organization to achieve results with and through others
- Resourcefulness: Ability to think creatively to source information and work effectively across different teams to get things done
- Agility: Thriving in a dynamic, fast-paced, and growing organization while balancing competing priorities and projects.
- Values: Aligned to Simple Energy’s mission, self-aware and has a positive, proactive attitude
This role is expected to require occasional (up to 10%) travel.
Reporting to: Director of Strategy and Corporate Development
Start date: ASAP
Simple Energy does not work with third party recruiters.