Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
Leads the execution of the data workstream of the Company’s significant core (ERP) and edge application projects including the data definition, enrichment and cleansing efforts on these projects. Responsible for developing the knowledge and experience of project team members and end-users in data management, governance and process best practices. The role will also provide awareness and education to business owners, users and staff on enterprise data topics including: data governance and policies, master data and metadata management, and data quality.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Leads the planning, development and execution of the data definition and transformation elements of the significant core (ERP) and edge application projects including the cleansing and enrichment of existing data assets.
- Leverages experience in data aspects of SAP ERP development and implementations to draft and execute on defining, transforming, cleansing and migrating the company’s existing data assets to existing and future systems.
- Responsible for executing and managing the company’s data transformation project roadmap.
- Participates in the preparation and management of the data transformation components of project budgets.
- Defines roles and responsibilities related to the data organization’s participation in various company initiatives and ensures clear accountability for execution of data responsibilities in these initiatives.
- Participates in and engages with Ball’s Project Management Office to represent data projects, ensure proper assessment of data for significant projects and drives alignment / participation from key data stakeholders
- Participates in leadership of the data governance team and partners with key stakeholders across business functions and project teams to develop, implement, maintain, and enforce enterprise data governance policies and processes in the projects within the role.
- Represents data as a strategic business asset to Senior Management including participating in gap analyses of existing data structures and technology initiatives.
- Participates in the leadership of the adoption of unified standards and practices for the company’s master data.
- Responsible for facilitating data-related project and team meetings in conjunction with the data governance office staff including domain working groups, the data governance office and council and data projects.
- Identifies opportunities for leveraging established data processes and technology to meet business needs and communicates those opportunities to the company’s businesses and functions.
- Works with the company’s data integrations and data warehouse teams to ensure that all data sets (including structured and unstructured data) are accessible to the appropriate users.
- Proactively pursues opportunities to standardize and improve the company’s data assets with functional and business leaders.
- Proactively develops and builds relationships with functional and business leaders to ensure data as a capability and as an asset is appropriately considered in the company’s strategies.
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college or work-related experience.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience leading and/or 10 years’ experience participating in implementing and managing data elements of large-scale SAP ERP systems (preferably with experience with implementations of SAP S4) and related applications and modern data architecture components.
- Data Lead: 5-7 years of SAP MDM experience,
- Experience with developing, implementing and administering data governance program elements preferred.
- Experience leading external vendor staff (strategic implementers) on large-scale system deployments
- Experience facilitating cross-functional team members with complex schedules against a published plan
- Certifications/Licenses/Other: CPA, CMA and/or MBA preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple, highly complex and often multi-functional tasks with limited direction and time schedule.
- Knowledge of key SAP objects across Record to Report, Logistics (warehousing and transportation management), Order to Cash, Plan to Manufacture, and Procure to Pay
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking and experience to evaluate risks and manage outcomes.
- Ability to think and plan strategically.
- Ability to establish and deliver clear directions.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 113,500 - 176,000 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans