Sr. SDET, Data Platform
As a Software Developer in Test (SDET), you will empower Sovrn's development teams to solve complex challenges for our publishers by championing testability, code health, infrastructure, and monitoring. You'll own the quality of Sovrn's products, and ensure it by architecting and implementing test automation, tooling, deployment, and measurement frameworks. You'll learn complex systems and leave no stone unturned - from massive data pipelines connecting a global network of servers, to state of the art data analytics, storage, and transformations. Mostly, you'll be someone that helps solve interesting problems and gets things done, and that's something you'll take pride in.
- Own the quality of Sovrn's products, from upfront product design to deployment and measurement.
- Mentor other SDETs to elevate their skills and knowledge
- Design and build automated testing frameworks and internal tooling.
- Create testing strategies that demonstrate high contextual understanding of Sovrn's products and their value to our publishers.
- Advocate for best practices in testability, code health, infrastructure, and monitoring.
- Able to design and develop a comprehensive test suite from the ground up in an object-oriented programming language - Java preferred.
- Have experience with automation frameworks, e.g. Cucumber, RESTassured, Spring etc.
- Enthusiasm for developing tooling and tests that proactively address ambiguous and non-deterministic problems.
- The ability to create automation frameworks that cover API endpoints, data streams, and database testing.
- Able to troubleshoot issues and predict challenges related to high-volume, high-velocity ecosystems, e.g. Hadoop, Kafka, Aerospike, Cassandra, Redis, Flink, Spark
- Prepared to demonstrate an opinion on when to apply software quality best practices and tooling.
- Strong ability to articulate technical problems and solutions to fellow engineers and business stakeholders.
- A passion for learning, and a drive to stay current on QA best practices and to be able to implement them into the architecture.
- BS Computer Science or related experience
- 2+ years of automation experience
- Experience testing in Big Data ecosystems
- Proficient Java programming skills
Position Reports to: Manager, QA