Sr. Manager, Database Engineering & Operations at Vertafore
Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships.
Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
As the Sr Manager of Database Engineering and Operations, you will be instrumental in the ongoing success of our Database Engineers and Database Administrators. Our DBAs\DBEs are responsible for system planning, implementation, administration, automation, performance monitoring, and capacity planning of both SQL Server, Oracle, and PostGres systems used by Vertafore to deliver our products and services to the insurance industry in a SaaS environment.
If you love technology and DevOps, leadership, being on the frontline of technical innovation, and are looking for a creative, fun and friendly workplace where you get to develop software that will transform the insurance industry, we would love to get in touch with you.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
- Leading technical discussions and managing multiple projects across database disciplines
- Assess the current environment and operational framework, and identify areas of improvement
- Manage the complete lifecycle for the products and services supplied by the Database Engineering Team
- Develop and maintain standards and best practices
- Identifies training requirements of personnel, develops appropriate training plans, and coordinates personnel development.
- Define and implement the optimal organizational structure for the team
- Manage, develop and provide technical leadership for the team members
- Maintain excellence in user experience for internal customers
- Manage vendors and product/service contracts
- Effects changes in resources, plans, and procedures to facilitate achieving goals.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a managerial role
- Hands on knowledge of SQL Server (preferred). PostGres\Oracle experience is a plus.
- Understanding database related concepts including troubleshooting, performance improvement, monitoring, alerting, problem resolution
- Extensive experience managing Database Operational\Engineering teams
- Knowledge of Database Operational best practices
- Experience moving Database environments from "On-prem" to AWS
- Cloud automation experience (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Experience in enterprise DevOps, configuration management, software development, and agile processes
- Are energetic, effectively managing relationships (up, down, across) and able to roll-up their sleeves to get the job done
- Have an ability to influence across boundaries and at all levels of the organization
- Think strategically to help drive features and services for short and long-term growth
- Can create a fun, fast paced, motivating and rewarding environment for their teams and the organization
- Attract, build and retain a highly engaged and capable development teams that can deliver on our technology and business strategies
Additional Requirements and Details:
· Travel required up to 10% of the time.
· Ability to work remotely with a stable internet connection on an as-needed basis
· Located and working from an office location (when required)*
· Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
· Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
· Frequent sitting and/or standing.
*Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19 and are scheduled to re-open mid 2021.
THE VERTAFORE STORY
Over the past 50 years, Vertafore has advanced the entire insurance distribution channel with the best software solutions in the industry. Today, we're proud to say hundreds of thousands of Vertafore users rely on our solutions to write business faster, reduce costs, and fuel growth by increasing collaboration and streamlining processes. Vertafore leads the industry with secure, cloud-based mobile products that provide superior reporting and analytics, delivering actionable insight- right when customers need it most. We partner with other leading technology companies to deliver comprehensive solutions to improve the way our customers do business and serve their customers.
The Vertafore Way
Insurance is about relationships, and technology should make those relationships stronger. That's why, at Vertafore, it's our mission to transform the way the industry operates by putting people at the heart of insurance technology. By focusing on our customers, becoming better every day, and delivering results you can see, we provide the level of trust and security that insurance is all about.
· Bias to Action: We're united by an innate drive to take action and make a difference in the technology and insurance spaces.
· Win Together: We work together as one team, showing empathy and respect along the way.
· Show Up Curious: We work to challenge one another to push boundaries and think beyond the box.
· Say It, Do It: We honor every one of our commitments because integrity is important to us.
· Customer Success is Our Success: We cultivate authentic relationships and follow up by actively listening to their needs.
· We Love Insurance: We appreciate the impact insurance has on the world.
Is this role not an exact fit for you? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
Vertafore is a drug free workplace and conducts preemployment drug and background screenings.
The selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities, duties, skill, or working conditions. In addition, this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.