Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS Protegent - Complete Solutions for Equities Traders and Compliance Officers. FIS Protegent's compliance, surveillance and supervision solutions empower compliance officers with greater visibility into potential risk factors and streamlined process automation, all while increasing regulatory transparency. From employee personal trade monitoring and registered representative surveillance/suitability testing, to AML and Reg NMS requirements, FIS Protegent provides a comprehensive suite of solutions to both buy and sell side firms.
What you will be doing
FIS is seeking an individual to assist in the design and implementation of compliance-related software systems in the financial services industry. Systems include:
- Protegent CAT - FIS' Protegent CAT is a CAT regulatory compliance and trade life cycle forensics solution for broker-dealers. It covers CAT reporting requirements and serves as a central data repository, designed to collect, normalize, validate, transmit and maintain all reportable events and supporting data pursuant to SEC Rule 613.
- Protegent Surveillance - A rules-based compliance application that helps financial services firms mitigate internal and regulatory risk. The solution is designed to help brokerage firms, banks and insurance companies identify questionable transactions and positions, improve field supervision processes, support field audits, and respond quickly to regulatory and legal challenges by analyzing account activity and client profiles against firm-defined policies and procedures.
- Protegent Onboard - A system that manages the new account opening and account maintenance processes for brokerage and insurance firms.
- Protegent Market Abuse - A rules-based compliance application that addresses market manipulation and insider trading concerns.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze and map data from client's format to system-required format
- Design and develop new data loaders
- Gather customer requirements
- Train system users
- Configure system settings and rule parameters
- Assess customer needs and recommend solutions
- Work effectively with internal development and support resources
- Manage client expectations
- Develop rule logic and formulas
- Regularly communicate status internally, to the project team, and externally with the customer and any other involved parties
What you bring
Bachelor's Degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. MBA or MIS is a plus.
- 5+ years professional working experience
- Compliance or Financial Services industry experience
- Experience in implementing software solutions
- Experience with large data solutions
- Proficiency with MS Excel or experience defining business logic
- Proven track record of technology-based projects with a high level of customer satisfaction
- Strong business skills - Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Travel required - 2-3 Days per month (on average)
- Database skills a big plus (MS SQL & Oracle)
- Trade Cycle work flow experience is a bonus (including Pre-Trade, Trade Execution (both buy and sell side) and Post-Trade)
What we offer you
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.