Sr. Database Engineer- Remote at Vertafore
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
· Facilitate database operations\management best practices for uptime, performance, scalability, architecture and design, HA and DR
· Support of mission critical SQL Servers when needed
· Design schema that will be storing hundreds of millions of records
· Perform query performance troubleshooting, identify and create non-performant queries
· Identify and create missing indices
· Ensure the resulting schema is performant for both CRUD and querying
· Be the key person responsible for managing schema evolution while minimizing production system maintenance windows
· Utilize AWS tools to troubleshoot performance issues
· Perform bulk data import and export
· Design of customized reporting tables/materialized views that are needed to provide dynamic reporting operating on a massive data set that is frequently updated
· Experience with AWS database deployments, ideally Aurora Postgres RDS preferred
· Experience with network latency/IO troubleshooting on AWS
· SQL Server performance troubleshooting skills and performance tuning and monitoring
· Experience with multi-tenant systems
· Prior experience with ETLs and design of backend for the reporting solutions
· Working knowledge of PowerShell
· 7+ years of experience in database architecture and development
· 2 years AWS experience preferred
· Ability to work remotely with a stable internet connection.
· Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
· Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
· Frequent sitting and/or standing.
· Travel required up to 10% of the time.
*Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19 and are scheduled to re-open mid 2021.