At Flowhub, we're about more than technology — we're on a mission to make legal cannabis accessible to everyone. Founded in 2015, Flowhub pioneered the first Metrc API integration to help dispensaries stay compliant. Today, over 1,000 dispensaries trust Flowhub's point of sale, inventory management, business intelligence, and mobile solutions to process $3B+ cannabis sales annually.
Flowhub creates user-friendly business management and compliance products that increase revenue in the highly regulated cannabis industry. Our Engineering department is highly creative, incredibly resourceful, and obsesses over the user experience.
As a member of the engineering team, you will work closely with our product team in an agile development process. Our development cycle involves TDD, continuous integration and feature flag releases. You will manage mongodb and postgresql databases, backups, and disaster recovery plans. You will also monitor for performance issues and coordinate with developers to help improve performance and stability.
Who will love this job:
- Problem-solvers eager to make a meaningful impact with production-ready code from day one.
- Crafters who enjoy creating rich, intuitive products that people are delighted to use.
- Team players comfortable working on a small, fast-paced, tight-knit team.
- Engineers with a business sense who understand the product and business stakeholders.
- Passionate, customer-focused engineers who take pride in database application development.
- Manage database backups for all environments (mongodb, postgresql).
- Create and maintain disaster recovery plans for databases.
- Monitor database performance and tune indexes as needed.
- Work with developers on multiple teams to write advanced queries, help with performance tuning.
- Anonymize and migrate data from production databases to lower environments as needed.
- Help build out ETL processes.
- Coordinate with the dev-ops team to manage database permissions.
- Coach developers to keep making better and higher performance database applications.
- Regularly deliver high-quality, supportable, scalable apps that our customers love.
- Lead the engineering teams in database migration discussions and planning.
- Bring a positive attitude to every task.
- Mentor others in best practices and patterns.
- Ask “what problem are we trying to solve here” when overly complex solutions are presented.
We know from experience that not ticking every box in the qualifications sections stops many from applying. Please apply regardless of your self-assessment – we want to hear from you! We have seen engineers succeed with a diverse range of skills and experiences.
- 5+ years in building and managing relational databases (Postgres, MySQL, SQL Server, etc)
- 5+ years in writing SQL queries, functions, procedures, etc
- Advanced database tuning & optimization experience
- A strong understanding of database applications
- Excellent time management, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Practical experience supporting production code
- Comfortable navigating git for version control
- Production issue triage and troubleshooting
- Demonstrable track record of delivering quality results. We love references!
- 1+ years of experience managing PostgreSQL databases
- 1+ years of experience managing MongoDB databases
- Experience with database schema deployment tools (roundhouse, redgate, etc)
- 3+ years of experience mentoring developers