Sr. Database Administrator (DBA)
We operate a highly sophisticated commercial earth-imaging satellite constellation enabling us to amass the largest database of high resolution imagery in the world. Our systems manage massive scale storage and processing of this data in order to provide imagery solutions. The DBA will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to ensure that the systems operate at a high level of performance and availability.
We are looking for a highly talented and motivated database professional to join our team. We are progressing our database system from Oracle to PostgreSQL in OpenStack and AWS while maintaining our Oracle sustaining products. Prefer new team member to have worked in public and private cloud environments with relational and a strong mix of NoSQL technologies and Big Data experiences. The right professional will have experience working in a DevOps model and has agile project management experience.
- PostgesSQL 9.x DB design and administration and support
- SQL Server 2012/2016 administration and support
- Oracle database 11g/12c administration and support
- Plan, coordinate and administer matters related to PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Oracle, and SQL Server databases including definition, structure, documentation, upgrades, long-range requirements, operational guidelines and protection.
- Responsible for PostgreSQL administration, installation, and configuration on the Linux platform, including load balancing and clustering.
- Postgres Primary/Slave/Multi-Master tiers, Clustering, Local/WAN Replication, monitoring, performance tuning and optimization.
- Establish and maintain security integrity controls.
- Required Monitoring experience PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Oracle, Monitor, Nimsoft, EM Cloud control 12c.
- Translate logical to physical design, develop comprehensive DB architectures, implementation and upgrade plans and assist in definition of database standards, policies, and procedures.
- Create and manage large scale, highly available production databases under clustered environments.
- Responsible for data loading, security, capacity planning and backup and recovery.
- Support production databases in a high quality and dynamic environment.
- Responsible for solving SQL performance related issues and optimizing poorly performing queries and stored procedures.
- Strong Scripting- Shell,Ruby, Perl, Bash, Puppet, Salt, Python.
- Responsible 24x7 production operations (incident break/fix, change, service requests, management) and On-Call pager rotation.
Basic qualifications and experience:
- Requires a BS/BA in computer science or a BS/BA coupled with relevant experience.
- Citizen of United States and able to obtain Secret clearance or currently holds Secret Clearance
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience with GIS spatial models with Postgres and Oracle from a DB perceptive
- Minimum 5+ years of experience with PostgreSQL database administration in a production environment
- Minimum 3+ years of experience with SQL Server database administration in a production environment
- Minimum 7+ years of experience with Oracle database administration in a production environment
- Minimum 4+ years of experience with AWS or other cloud providers
Preferred qualifications and experience:
- Experience working in a DevOps model and has agile project management experience
- Migration of large databases from one platform to another
- Knowledge of SAN configurations, data loading, db security, performance monitoring and tuning, capacity planning and backup and recovery
Key principles listed below are critical for success in this environment:
- Accountability, responsibility, honesty and integrity
- Driven and pro-active
- Embrace challenges
- Raise expectations (Do not settle for business as usual)
- Make a difference
- Hold ourselves accountable
- Solve the root problems
- Effective communication
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.