Sr. Data Warehouse Developer - Bluprint (an NBCUniversal company)
Bluprint is an online community we’ve created for those with an insatiable desire to create and learn, ranging from adults to kids as young as 6. Every day, our 13 million+ members engage with over 3,000 hours of original, in-house produced entertainment on our subscription video-on-demand platform. Our popular series include Blank Wall Overhaul, Re:Fashion, and we’re regularly featured on the “Today” show. But we’ve also created an eCommerce shop with projects and inspirational ideas, sparking joy in the lives of our customers and helping them experience “I did it” moments. Want to join us?
We're looking for a Senior Data Warehouse Developer who is creative and decisive to join our data team. The ideal candidate is a stellar PM who thrives on enabling change, enjoys designing and developing data warehouses, and is a whiz at optimizing data layer efficiencies. You will partner with engineers and business stakeholders across the organization when developing solutions. We’re a vibrant, growing company that appreciates adventurous thinkers.
• Extend and refine the current data warehouse to serve complex and evolving needs
• Manage BI Tool integrations
• Identify opportunities for performance improvements, cost reductions, and process improvements
• Understand business goals, timelines, and requirements spanning many different business units and functional groups. Translate the above to clearly articulated, actionable project requirements and tasks
• Balance timelines, dependencies, effort, and expected value of solutions to establish and argue for priorities of given projects
• Ensure tight alignment between ongoing development activities and the analytics team
• 3+ years work experience in data development/design/consulting
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• High-level proficiency in 1 or more SQL dialects
• Someone who believes in the value of collaboration, working directly with our team onsite in Denver, Colorado. (We can and will provide relocation assistance.)
• Ability to occasionally work outside normal business hours to meet time sensitive deadlines
• Must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Experience with full product ownership (design, implementation, and maintenance); experience at startups or smaller companies is a plus!
Strong understanding of SQL theory and practice. 100+ line queries, 7-way joins, and correlated subqueries do not scare you. You can write window functions off the top of your head AND know how and when to use them.
Data warehouse dimensional design knowledge and the ability to articulate design decisions.
Working knowledge of RDBMS systems, bottlenecks, and performance considerations; experience with non-conventional systems (e.g. AWS Redshift & Athena, Hive, Presto, Vertica, Greenplum) a plus!
Ability to study & understand large, rapidly evolving data models (200+ tables with frequent changes).
Experience with how measurement data can drive business decisions (e.g. A/B or multivariate testing, conversion funnel analysis, UX optimization).
Bonus: some experience with general-purpose programming/scripting in a UNIX/Linux environment (e.g. Python, Bash)
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.