Evolve is a hospitality company with a mission to make renting a vacation home easy for everyone. Thanks to an unapologetic passion for hospitality, we now support over 15,000 properties in over 750 markets across North America. We enjoy earning each guest and owner's business - all while having some fun along the way.
Why this role
As a tech-enabled disruptor in the vacation rental industry, dynamic pricing is a key pillar of our differentiation strategy as a company. We are looking for a candidate that is excited by being a key voice in the future of our product suite, tackling the most challenging algorithmic pricing problems, and leveraging experimental best practices to confidently iterate towards becoming best-in-class.
Come join our fast-paced growth-stage culture, while enjoying the support of a well funded company - we’ve raised over $100M in investment capital from world-class investors like T. Rowe Price, Allen & Company, and Annox Capital.
What you’ll do
- Create algorithmic solutions that increase nightly revenue for our diverse portfolio of vacation rental homes, building on our current pricing strategy
- Use experimentation to understand the impact of and determine when to deploy algorithmic changes
- Partner with revenue management and engineering leaders to set the product development roadmap
- Learn from the work and experimental outcomes of other data professionals that highlight areas of opportunity within our pricing strategy
- Innovate on existing strategies by researching and applying techniques from other leading pricing and data science teams outside of Evolve
- Consider model explainability as a key factor in maintaining trust and understanding across stakeholders and provide meaningful insights where possible
- Accelerate continual improvement on the data science team by sharing learnings and providing feedback on other challenging projects around the company
What makes you a great fit
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, or related quantitative field, Masters or PhD preferred
- 5+ years of relevant data science experience
- 2+ years experience dynamically pricing heterogeneous inventory dealing with seasonal and market shifts is strongly preferred
- Proven track record of your deployed models making a business impact and iteratively improving them over time
- Strong programming experience with Python and SQL, ideally in a full-stack machine learning setting
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with a variety of stakeholders
- Experience within the hospitality or travel industry is a plus
Evolve has a flexible working environment so teammates can work remotely anywhere in the state of Colorado, in our beautiful downtown Denver office, remotely or a hybrid of both! We're currently all working remotely and will be opening up the office in the near future for our in office and hybrid options.
For this role our salary range is $110,000 to $148,000 depending on relevant experience.
Total Rewards at Evolve
At Evolve, we care for our teammates by supporting their physical, mental, and financial wellbeing through a comprehensive Total Rewards Program.
- Industry competitive pay, including equity in the company for all Evolvers
- Health insurance package options that include 100% employer paid HDHP plan and two PPO plan options for you and your dependents
- Employer-paid dental, and vision, for you and your qualified dependents
- Paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- 401(k) with a 4% match that vests immediately
- PTO, sick days, and paid Parental Leave
- Rich learning and development program for Evolvers
But wait, there’s more… optional benefits offered include commuter benefits, pet insurance and travel perks.
Opportunity: Our leadership and management teams are dedicated to creating meaningful learning and growth opportunities for all Evolvers, as well as providing clear expectations and continuous feedback.
Community: It’s easy to make friends at Evolve. We support maintaining a strong community through our teammate-led groups focused on learning, inclusion, environmental wellness, and more.
Transparency: Every month, our leadership team shares how the company is performing, explaining where we’re headed next, and recognizing team members for jobs well done.
Values: They mean more to Evolve than just bullets on a page, they drive our daily decisions and impact how we work as a hospitality company.
- Earn It
- Build Loyalty One Interaction at a Time
- Communicate Often, Honestly & Directly
- Embrace Change
- Stay Hungry & Humble
- Be Efficient
- Take Risks
- Learn Every Day
- Have Some Fun Along the Way
Which value sounds the most like you?
Evolve is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse work environment is a successful work environment so all qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.