NextHealth Technologies is a high growth, venture-backed company located in downtown Denver, Colorado. Our advanced analytics platform enables healthcare companies to make data-driven decisions that save money and optimize outcomes. We’re a tight-knit team of doers that thrive in a fast-paced and agile environment.
Our team members enjoy:
- Competitive salary plus annual bonus potential
- Stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical benefits starting at $0 + HSA gift up to $350 every month
- Internet, commuter, and phone stipends
- Free onsite gym
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join the company’s product and solutions team. This position provides the opportunity to research, innovate, and develop statistically robust and scalable solutions that have an impact on the consumer healthcare experience. NextHealth’s capabilities help activate members into care management programs, measure uptake in telehealth adoption, and optimize engagement campaigns using methods such as propensity score modeling, Bayesian analysis, clustering algorithms, and explainable AI.
- Work closely with business leadership and our product team to research and prove out new analytics capabilities to support product features and solutions.
- Lead design of innovative predictive and prescriptive algorithms based on principles from statistics, machine learning, and operations research.
- Work closely with product owners and engineers to specify requirements and develop tests to deploy analytical features into production at scale.
- Educate clients and internal stakeholders to drive adoption of new capabilities and ensure appropriate study design.
- Identify and promote the use of new algorithms, technologies, and frameworks in machine learning, statistics, and software engineering.
- Apply concepts from technical literature to support new capabilities and improve existing functionality.
- Recommend, design, and develop actionable analytic solutions for key business problems through in-depth investigations of healthcare utilization trends and outcomes
- Use advanced analytic techniques like machine learning, deep learning, predictive modeling to develop sophisticated models to solve the business problem
- Effectively communicate complex analysis to broader non-technical audience/stakeholders
- A graduate degree and/or relevant knowledge base in Applied Statistics or other related quantitative fields
- Demonstrated understanding of statistical concepts (e.g., probability distributions, design of experiments)
- Experience with study design and causal inference
- Ability to construct and run simulations
- Experience building predictive models to help solve business problems
- Detailed knowledge of computer science including data structures, data modeling, distributed systems, and software design methods
- Healthcare industry experience
- Experience with Bayesian analysis
- Spark/Databricks experience
- Familiarity with test driven development
Our Tech Stack:
- Python, Spark/Databricks, Git, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Airflow, Flask
This role is a full-time, exempt position
Starting salary range is $116,000 - $150,000
This role will be eligible to participate in the following:
- full employee benefits package
- employee equity plan
- variable performance-based bonus incentives with annual potential up to 10%