Sr. Data Scientist at NextHealth Technologies
NextHealth Technologies is a high growth, venture-backed company located in downtown Denver, Colorado. Our advanced analytics platform enables healthcare companies to make data-driven decisions that save money and optimize outcomes. We’re a tight-knit team of doers that thrive in a fast-paced and agile environment. We nerd-out on our AI and machine learning technology platform and our approach to big data analytics.
Our team members enjoy:
- Competitive salary plus annual bonus potential
- Stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical benefits starting at $0 + HSA gift up to $350 every month
- Internet, commuter, and/or phone stipends
- Free onsite gym
Senior Data Scientist
NextHealth Technologies is currently looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join the company’s product and solutions team. Our goal is to make healthcare smarter. The position provides the opportunity to engage in cutting-edge healthcare research on a cross-functional team and contribute to developing products that have an impact on the healthcare industry with patient care.
- Lead design and development of innovative predictive and prescriptive algorithms interfacing with large data sets, based on principles from statistics, machine learning, and operations research
- Perform research as needed to extract cutting edge concepts from technical literature and apply them to relevant product features
- Work closely with scientists, engineers, and partners, to help evolve proof of concept systems into production at scale.
- Identify and promote the use of new technologies, toolkits, and frameworks, areas of inquiry, ways of working, methods and approaches in computer science, machine learning, statistics, and software engineering.
- Work with clients, the head of Analytics, and the product development team to define desired requirements and capabilities
- Create integrated solutions using Python/Spark modules and other tools as needed
- A graduate degree in Operations Research, Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Statistics or other related quantitative field.
- 5+ years experience beyond graduate school, which includes development of applied algorithms.
- Ability to develop algorithms in Python 3.x using Python libraries like pandas, numpy, scikit-learn, and pyspark
- Detailed knowledge of computer science including data structures, data modeling, distributed systems, and software design methods.
- Detailed knowledge in data science, machine learning, optimization, and statistics.
- Healthcare industry experience desirable.
- PhD in relevant quantitative field (see above) preferred
- Spark/databricks experience desirable.
- This role is a full-time, exempt position
- Starting salary range is $116,000 - $150,000
- This role will be eligible to participate in the following:
- full employee benefits package
- employee equity plan
- variable performance-based bonus incentives with annual potential up to 10%