Sr. Data Scientist, Pricing at Evolve Vacation Rental
We’re seeking an entrepreneurial and innovative Sr. Data Scientist, Pricing to join our Analytics team! Evolve has been diligently working on creating a pricing algorithm built to adjust nightly rates based on live market behavior. This tool will scale with our business as we grow to be one of the largest in the industry while ensuring maximum profitability for each of our individual owners.
Our dream applicant has built high performing pricing models, has experience utilizing machine learning to solve complex data problems, and is hungry to make a difference. This is your opportunity to create an industry-leading pricing strategy and be a part of the spotlight as you pioneer automated intellectual pricing in the Vacation Rental Management industry. We’re a tight-knit team of Data Scientists and BI professionals that learn together and are constantly thinking about how machine learning, analytics, and visualization can make an impact on our business.
What you’ll get to do
- In collaboration with revenue management and engineering teams, own the development, deployment and optimization of a vacation rental pricing model
- Utilize machine learning, statistical methods, and experimental design techniques to create a highly performant algorithm
- Maintain model explainability and present new models in a way that builds trust and understanding across stakeholders
- Monitor model performance and identify opportunities for improvement
- Incorporate a test and learn mentality into model development
- Implement creative solutions to price properties in smaller markets
A little about you
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, or related quantitative field, Masters or PhD preferred
- 2+ years experience price forecasting for heterogeneous inventory dealing with seasonal and market shifts
- Proven track record of your deployed models making a business impact and getting better over time.
- Programming experience with Python and SQL, ideally in a full-stack machine learning setting
- Experience with pricing in the travel industry a plus
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with a variety of stakeholders
A little about us
Evolve makes vacation rental easy for everyone. Our fresh approach to vacation rental management offers homeowners a better way to generate rental income and provides travelers with the industry's best booking experience.
Thanks to a strong work ethic and an unapologetic passion for hospitality, we now support over 10,000 properties in over 500 markets across North America. We enjoy earning each guest and owner's business - all while having some fun along the way.
Values mean more to Evolve than just bullets on a page. They drive our daily decisions and impact how we work as a hospitality company. Which value sounds the most like you?
- Earn It
- Build Loyalty One Interaction at a Time
- Communicate Often, Honestly & Directly
- Embrace Change
- Stay Hungry & Humble
- Be Efficient
- Take Risks
- Learn Every Day
- Have Some Fun Along the Way
Evolve is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse work environment is a successful work environment so all qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.