Sr. Data Engineer at Conga (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Our shared values: The Conga Way
A successful candidate will embody the essence of a Conganeer through demonstration of critical behaviors of The Conga Way:
- Embracing an Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Achieving Together
- Championing the Customers
The Conga Way is a core element of the Culture and Talent focus at Conga. This philosophy shapes the personality of our organization, defines how we show up every day, and provides clarity about how we work together.
We are seeking a Sr. Data Engineer to join CONGA Group who leads the design on building a data warehouse to grow our reporting & analytics capabilities. You will partner closely with teams across the company to gather business requirements. You are a self-starter, possess a strong commitment to detail and can work in a rapidly changing environment. You will build working relationships to communicate within and across teams to solve problems. The ability to proactively suggest and implement report development and enhancements from understanding business processes, goals, and benchmarks will be invaluable to the success of this role.
- Database design and dimensional modelling
- Design and standup up a robust data warehouse to support to support reporting & analytics for internal stakeholders and clients.
- Design and code data pipeline features and data processing jobs for collecting automotive data from disparate systems for the purpose of storing in a data warehouse
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Write ETL pipelines to implement pre-defined business rules and metrics along with ensuring data quality in data warehouse processes
- Ensure smooth ongoing operations of data warehouse platform with high availability while making continuous improvements.
- Provide scalable solutions to manage large imports and implement operational procedures as necessary
- Participate in peer code reviews and produce high quality documentation
- Collaborate with business units to automate reporting needs
- Upkeep standard development methodologies of best practices for collaborative coding, modular efficiency, version control, QA, and release management
- Work with cross functional teams across the business to ensure Enterprise Data Analytics (EDA) deliverables continue to be improved and add value to their business stakeholders.
We are looking for a candidate with…
- Bachelor’s in computer science or related field, and a demonstrated pursuit of related continued education.
- 10+ years of experience with data engineering with emphasis on data analytics and reporting
- Expert experience with SQL and Relational database engineering—expert-level SQL abilities
- 4+ years of relational database design and dimensional modelling (Oracle/SQL)
- Experience working with source-code management tools such as GitHub and Jenkins.
- A sound understanding of BI best practices, relational structures, dimensional data modeling, structured query language (SQL) skills, data warehouse and reporting techniques.
- Proven ability to work within set timelines and update management on deviation from these estimates.
- Has strong interpersonal communication skills; effectively communicates in verbal and written form.
- You appreciate agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation.
- Self-starter that can manage conflicting priorities, excels at time management, and can identify areas of continued improvement.
- Experience developing solutions in Snowflake
- Knowledge of building solutions with data visualization and reporting tools such as PowerBI, Tableau, etc.
Benefits: You will be eligible for our paid Flexible Time Off Plan, which covers sick leave and paid holidays in accordance with Conga's policies. You will be eligible for medical, dental, vision and 401K benefits in accordance with Conga's policies.
Conga is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Conga is not open to third party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from third party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.