Sr. Data Engineer, Sovrn Platform at Sovrn
About the Team
At Sovrn, the Sovrn Platform team is responsible for the engineering and operational management for our publisher-facing web portal. In this role, you’ll be creating the core of the platform powering applications throughout the company. You’ll be responsible for working closely with Product, QA, and managers to plan features, deliver amazing products, and mentor engineers on your team to do the same. We believe in dedication, passion, and personality. We are seeking an engineer who can inspire diverse, talented, and motivated engineers while creating a world-class product.
About the Job
The Sovrn Platform team is building a new, extensible platform to enable publishers to leverage a wide variety of products to support their businesses. We exist in open market conditions and operate at startup scale and speed so time to market and value add are key differentiators. This position offers the opportunity to build and evolve the underlying data architecture, while you collaborate with world-class engineers, data scientists, and product managers to create our next generation web architecture.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Improve our core data architecture through incremental changes, with an eye on emerging technologies that may replace our current solutions
- Collaborate with other teams building into the platform to determine the best technical solutions
- Build out a new analytics platform and reporting infrastructure to support performant yet flexible reporting features
- Work closely with engineering teams to design scalable and maintainable data solutions
- Contribute to projects across large volumes of code, with multiple branches, formal integration procedures and test cycles
- Contribute software engineering best practices and technical excellence through code reviews and mentorship of junior engineers
- Demonstrate end-to-end ownership of projects and initiatives
You are a self starter and able to get the job done without micro management. You enjoy being part of a collaborative team but are also independent in terms of getting things done. You love technical challenges and solving problems all while striving to improve our data architecture, our software, and your team. You believe that the engineering team owns the quality of the product and you design with this in mind. You embrace diversity of thought and opinion, supporting others even when you disagree. Above all, you love learning, and sharing what you know.
The successful candidate will have:
- Software engineering experience working on an Agile team and a passion for learning
- Collaborative mindset and curiosity about what you don’t yet know
- Experience with a variety of data analysis patterns within the AWS ecosystem
- Joy in learning what you do not yet know
- Understanding of data structures, algorithms and system design
- Ability to work with a diverse team of junior and experienced engineers to achieve a common technical goal
- Desire for professional growth opportunities and to be in a dynamic learning environment
- Ability to efficiently multi-task and to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving and results
- Past experience in Java or similar languages
- AWS certifications in the Solutions Architect tract or the Big Data Analytics tract
- Demonstrable commitment to automation and CI/CD
- Experience in the ecommerce, web analytics, search, and cloud computing space
Position Reports to: Director, Data Engineering
Location:Boulder/Denver preferred. Open to Remote in these states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, Montana, New Jersey, New York, Texas and Washington.
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $120,000 to $155,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications and geographic location.
Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance,11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the