Sr. Cloud Cost Analyst at Zoom Video Communications
Manage infrastructure costs
- Manage infrastructure spend across the company to ensure efficient consumption and spend
- Partner cross functionally to implement cost management policies and strategies
- Create reporting and monitoring to ensure awareness of cost trending
- Craft and execute companywide RI management to ensure optimal cost savings across all functional groups at Zoom
- Collaborate with Finance, Engineering, Product, DevOps, Data Science, and Development teams to drive cost savings projects and initiatives
- Maintain responsibility for ensuring that our costs are well understood, identifying and driving optimization activities to ensure we are making the most out of our investments, and forecasting costs
Monitoring of infrastructure usage
- Build monitoring and reporting to identify inconsistent consumption against expected models
- Detect unexpected spikes in consumption across company to identify non-budgeted expenses
- Develop insights and views into cost and usage data that enables technical, business, and finance partners to understand spend
- Create and implement a strategy to forecast spend for operational and financial modeling
- Develop a process that will forecast overall spend for overall budgeting and financial planning
- Set individual spend targets for individual teams and measure performance against expectations / budgets.
- POC for consolidating inputs for teams involved in usage and demand projections
- 5+ years of experience working with cloud products (AWS, OCI, or Azure) and/or managing cloud vendors in technical or hyper-scale settings
- Deep analytical skills: a passion for gathering information from various sources, analyzing and presenting your recommendations to drive significant cost and process improvements
- Experience creating cost optimization models with engineering teams that utilize cloud services
- Ability to think strategically and tactically, with persistent attention to detail
- Degree in Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, Business or other quantitative fields
- Strong financial background in a cloud heavy SaaS company
Colorado Salary Range or On Target Earnings:
In addition to the base salary and/or OTE listed, Zoom has a Total Direct Compensation philosophy that takes into consideration base salary, bonus and equity value. Information about Zoom's benefits is here . Note: Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. We also have a location based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Zoom's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram