Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst/Developer at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
We currently have an outstanding opportunity for a passionate, experienced Senior Business Intelligence Analyst/Developer to join our ECS Global Business Intelligence team. This role will leverage techno-functional knowledge and skill to help execute the strategy, architecture, design and implementation of scalable IT solutions across the ECS Global BI organization.
The individual in this role will be able to apply an analytical mind to turn data into knowledge. By interpreting data to discover patterns and identify trends, they will create insights that are timely, relevant, actionable, and highly impactful. They will also be responsible for creating and managing highly intricate data models and mining large, complex data sets for opportunities across the business.
Additionally, this individual will cultivate relationships across senior business leadership and other IT teams to help prioritize, coordinate and deliver projects and initiatives within the organizational roadmap. This includes working with the business and technology areas to understand and drive requirements for IT delivery in a fast-paced environment.
In this role you will become part of the Global Business Intelligence team reporting into the Director of Global ECS BI & Automation.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Partner with cross-functional leaders to generate ideas/hypotheses/opportunities to drive business value through applied analytics and data visualization
- Interpret business needs and stakeholder requests into clearly defined requirements, functional specifications, user stories and value statements
- Lead design sessions with product owners/stakeholders across the organization to deliver innovative products, solutions and enhancements
- Engineer end to end data solutions including acquisition strategies, architecture/modeling, integration, analytics and visualizations
- Prepare and present findings and formal proposals to leadership and other key decision makers
- Ensure project and support efforts meet service level expectations of business stakeholders and drive quality through best practice, standards, and process observation
- Guide, train and mentor junior team members to grow competencies, proficiencies and overall talent within the team
What We're Looking For:
The ideal candidate for this position should possess a good understanding of IT development methodologies and demonstrate strong knowledge in ERP business processes.
- 4-year degree from an accredited college/university in Information Systems or related field or equivalent related experience
- 6+ years as BI Developer and/or IT ERP Analyst or equivalent experience
- Must have experience supporting / managing BI track as part of a larger strategic program
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to articulate complex concepts diverse audiences – speak “non-technical” when needed
- Experience with large, complex, multi-national projects and teams; working collaboratively across business and IT stakeholders to deliver solutions through traditional and agile methods
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills – able to deal with ambiguity and organizational agility to evaluate options and make informed and timely decisions
- Demonstrated interpersonal and relationship building capabilities; effectively balance team building and a results-oriented approach
- Ability to define, articulate and market BI vision and value statements across the stakeholder community
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Create, maintain and enhance Business Intelligence components (metadata, reports, metrics, dashboards) and manage the overall BI ecosystem
- Knowledge of and experience with standardized reporting packages (OBIEE, PowerBI, etc.), ETL tools (Informatica, ODI, SSIS, etc.) and databases (Oracle, SQL Server, etc.)
- Exposure to a wide variety of business subject areas (Sales, Inventory, Marketing, Financials, Accounting/GL, etc.) – Oracle R12 ERP and supply chain experience is highly preferred
- SQL proficiency with experience in constructing/deconstructing complex reports and queries
- Solid understanding of Master Data Management (MDM) concepts
What We Offer at Arrow:
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Not only do we offer a competitive salary and work-life balance, we offer benefits to match your needs:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Discounted RTD Passes, with convenient office location off RTD Light Rail (Dry Creek Exit)
- On-site Café with Catering Option for Busy Lifestyles
- 24/7/365 On-site Gym and Lockers, Free for Use to All Employees!
- Free covered parking, included bicycle and motorcycle parking
- And more!
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)