Sr. Business Analyst at Webroot, an OpenText company
If you would like to be considered for this position, please submit your resume and we will contact you for future openings.
The Sr. Business Analyst role is based out of our Broomfield, CO office but will work with development and business staff world-wide. This role requires an in-depth technical knowledge of Information Systems and experience building/integrating ERP and e-Commerce systems is a plus.
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities:
Your First Six Months:
- Accessible and steers the project to ensure delivery of business value. Is visible, vocal, and objective.
- Show initiative to learn new skills and applications and motivation to become a subject matter expert.
- Ability to work independently and a proven self-starter in a team-oriented environment
- Facilitate discussions around business value amid competing priorities and resources
Six to Twelve Months and Beyond:
- Support your team by working closely with stakeholders, Product Owner and development teams to analyze business needs, propose direction and write concise, accurate, detailed functional and technical specifications and user requirements.
- Participates in daily stand-up meetings (scrums), reviews, backlog groomings, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Assists with internal and external communication, improving transparency and radiating and evangelizing information.
- A track record of good judgment and decision-making in positions with significant responsibility
- Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value projects and drive them completion
- Demonstrated leadership capability in cross-functional team environments
- High degree of comfort with complex technical environments
- Having and being able to articulate/defend an informed opinion on important topics
- 3+ years’ experience in a business analyst position
- 2+ years’ experience with Agile (Scrum) software development
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Possess an aptitude for technical projects and be able to “speak the language” to both developers and non-technical stakeholders alike.
- SQL and Relational Database experience is a plus
- Ability to react to change productively and positively in a fast-paced, fluid environment
- Proven ability to identify, evaluate and recommend technical and business alternatives that meet requirements
- Organized, detail-oriented, resourceful, proactive and able to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills
Together Carbonite—a leader in data protection and Webroot—a leader in data security—form the SMB and Consumer Division of OpenText. The mission of our joint offering is to make cyber resilience simple, reliable and accessible in the connected world. We enable comprehensive data protection for companies, consumers, and our vast network of partners around the globe.
Our business requires top talent. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit. From engineering to sales and marketing, operations and customer support, our employees are empowered and encouraged to build their careers at OpenText.
We pride ourselves on hiring standout candidates who shine in a workplace that encourages collaboration and teamwork. We are growing fast, and looking for talented candidates around the globe. Are you ready to grow with us? #Li-POST
Carbonite, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Upon request, accommodations will be made available during the recruitment process for applicants with a disability. If you require accommodations, we will work with you to provide or arrange for the provision of suitable accommodation wherever possible. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply