Sr. BI Analyst at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Partner with cross-functional leaders to generate ideas/hypotheses/opportunities to drive business value through applied analytics and data visualization.
- Interpret business needs and stakeholder requests into clearly defined requirements, functional specifications, user stories and value statements.
- Lead design sessions with product owners/stakeholders across the organization to deliver innovative products, solutions, and enhancements.
- Engineer end to end data solutions including acquisition strategies, architecture/modeling, integration, analytics, and visualizations.
- Prepare and present findings and formal proposals to leadership and other key decision makers.
- Ensure project and support efforts meet service level expectations of business stakeholders and drive quality through best practice, standards, and process observation.
- Guide, train, and mentor junior team members to grow competencies, proficiencies and overall talent within the team.
What We're Looking For:
The ideal candidate for this position should possess a good understanding of IT development methodologies and demonstrate strong knowledge in ERP business processes.
- 4-year degree from an accredited college/university in Information Systems or related field or equivalent related experience
- 10+ years in Business Intelligence space or equivalent experience in similar, data/analytics-focused roles
Must have experience with complex, multi-domain projects and teams; working collaboratively across business and IT stakeholders to deliver solutions through traditional and agile methods
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to articulate complex concepts to diverse audiences – speak “non-technical” when needed
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills – able to deal with ambiguity and organizational agility to evaluate options and make informed and timely decisions
- Demonstrated interpersonal and relationship building capabilities; effectively balance team building and a results-oriented approach
- Ability to define, articulate and market BI vision and value statements across the stakeholder community
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Create, maintain, and enhance Business Intelligence components (metadata, reports, metrics, dashboards) and manage the overall BI ecosystem
- Knowledge of and experience with enterprise analytics tools (PowerBI, Tableau, etc.), and familiarity with database design and data warehousing/ETL concepts.
- SQL proficiency with experience in constructing/deconstructing complex reports and queries
Even Better if You Have:
- Strong understanding of Master Data Management (MDM) concepts and solutions
- Hand-on experience with common ETL tools (Informatica, ODI, SSIS, etc.)
- Experience with Oracle Business Intelligence applications (OBIEE, OAC/OAS)
- Exposure to a wide variety of business subject areas (Sales, Inventory, Marketing, Financials, Accounting/GL, etc.) and supply chain experience