Sr. Associate, Corporate Strategy & Development at GHX
The GHX Strategy & Corporate Development team is looking for an Associate to join the team. The Associate will report to the Executive Director, Strategy, and will work with key leaders across the organization to frame the market, identify market opportunities, build analytics-based strategic plans, and assist in defining short- and longer-term business priorities. In order to do this, the Associate will need to build a strong understanding of market dynamics, customer needs, and GHX’s capabilities across the healthcare landscape. This position will also support M&A activities ensuring opportunity alignment with GHX’s strategic objectives, providing guidance to GHX’s leadership team, and supporting acquisition efforts.
- Key member of a small, high-exposure corporate development and strategy group managing diligence and deal execution for GHX and supporting strategic initiative across the organization
- Work closely with SVP Corp Development, CFO, private equity sponsors, and other GHX senior leadership, in all acquisition related activities
- Develop strong understanding of GHX's business and growth strategies, leveraging this knowledge into research and analysis of various markets/industries and specific acquisition or partnership targets
- Develop and maintain strong industry competitive knowledge
- Partner with key management and cross-functional stakeholders to provide insights into the business, monitor business performance and enable sales management to make informed decisions based on data and analysis
- Manage and execute diligence processes:
- Review information, analyze and summarize prospective data
- Support management meetings
- Learn and manage the various diligence streams (market, operational, tech, tax, financial, legal, etc.)
- Execute primary diligence, quarterback 3rd party research efforts, and work closely with operational leaders to develop integration plans
- Incorporate operational diligence into complex financial models and investment memorandum to ultimately transact
- Support developing corporate strategy and strategic planning process
- Synthesize research and analysis and build clear and compelling PowerPoint presentations and research briefs
- Optimize Corporate Development & Strategy databases and processes
- Deliver findings and recommendations in informal and formal settings
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to comprehend and handle large volumes of data and summarize key facts and conclusions in a concise and persuasive manner
- Advanced Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint skills required, experience building models and decks (advanced financial modeling / valuation a plus)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to effectively communicate with all stakeholders
- Comfort with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Extreme attention to detail with a strong sense of ownership
- Low ego attitude with a willingness to shift from high-level critical thinking to necessary tasks required to complete a job
- Ability to protect extremely confidential information
Required Education, Certifications, and Experience
- Bachelor's degree with a top-tier academic background
- 3-4 years’ experience in a corporate role with a healthcare specific organization
- 2-4 years of relevant corporate development / strategy work experience, e.g., healthcare consulting, corporate development, private equity, or investment banking, preferably within the healthcare space
- Interest and/or previous experience in the healthcare/supply chain/software industries a plus
GHX is a healthcare business and data automation company, empowering healthcare organizations to enable better patient care and maximize industry savings using our world class cloud-based supply chain technology exchange platform, solutions, analytics and services. We bring together healthcare providers and manufacturers and distributors in North America and Europe — who rely on smart, secure healthcare-focused technology and comprehensive data to automate their business processes and make more informed decisions.
It is our passion and vision for a more operationally efficient healthcare supply chain, helping organizations reduce – not shift – the cost of doing business, paving the way to delivering patient care more effectively. Together we take more than a billion dollars out of the cost of delivering healthcare every year. GHX is privately owned, operates in the United States, Canada and Europe, and employs more than 800 people worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is in Europe, Louisville, Colorado, just outside of Denver, with additional offices in Europe, Atlanta, Georgia, Chicago, Illinois, and Omaha, Nebraska.
GHX provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. GHX complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
GHX expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.