Sr. Assessment Developer-Data Science at Alteryx, Inc.
We’re looking for problem solvers, innovators, and dreamers who are searching for anything but business as usual. Like us, you’re a high performer who’s an expert at your craft, constantly challenging the status quo. You value inclusivity and want to join a culture that empowers you to show up as your authentic self. You know that success hinges on commitment, that our differences make us stronger, and that the finish line is always sweeter when the whole team crosses together.
The Customer Enablement team is seeking a curious-minded, self-motivated Sr. Assessment Developer with a unique combination of data science and assessment development skills. In this role, you will leverage your data science experience to create certification exams that provide customers with meaningful ways to validate their product mastery. Your ability to learn new products quickly and creatively translate your knowledge into real-world exam scenarios will be key to your success. You will have the opportunity to contribute fresh ideas and play a crucial role in the expansion of the rapidly growing Alteryx Certification Program.
What you will do:
- Create exams for role-based certifications focused on data science and advanced analytics
- Drive the end-to-end exam design, development, and maintenance process:
- Establish and manage relationships and SMEs and stakeholders
- Conduct job task analyses and needs assessments
- Create assessment objectives and exam blueprints
- Develop performance-based exam scenarios and traditional exam items
- Lead sessions to establish content validity and set standards
- Lead item development workshops and technical review sessions
- Conduct user experience testing and run beta exams
- Monitor and report on exam and item performance and ensure exams are up to date
- Collaborate with Instructional Designers to develop curricula and exam preparation content
- Mentor and educate Customer Enablement team on data science methods and best practices
- Research data science trends and learn new products and technologies
- Experience designing and building data science applications in a real-world business context, including building and deploying predictive models
- Thorough understanding of statistical foundations of data science and machine learning techniques, including classification, regression, clustering and segmentation, optimization, forecasting, and topic modeling.
- Experience designing and developing exams
- Strong communication and creative thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage projects from strategy to execution
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative discipline (preferably in mathematics, data science, statistics, or machine learning)
- Experience with Alteryx Designer
- Bonus points for any of the following: Alteryx Designer Core certification, experience with certification programs, understanding of psychometrics, or experience with geospatial analysis and analytics automation.
Alteryx is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role in Broomfield, CO is $78,300-$129,200. This position is also remote-friendly and, as such, compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location. This role is eligible for variable compensation including bonus and stock grants.
ility to make significant contribution to processes and systems.
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we’re invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
Benefits & Perks:
Alteryx has amazing benefits for all Associates which can be viewed here.