SQL Server Developer at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, modify, update database schema objects and securables such as tables, stored procedures, views, triggers and other database objects.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft’s SQL Server T-SQL language and related functions and features such as Always-On, Availability Groups, Replication, key management.
- Strong understanding of the SQL engine and SQL OS (SOS) including index design, management, and maintenance.
- Maintain database dictionaries, follow overall database standards and practices, and integrate systems through iterative database design principals - Provides expertise in devising, negotiating and defining the tables and fields provided in the database.
- Adapt and model business requirements, developed by business systems analysts/modeling/development staff into data and database table and element attribute specifications for an application
- Follow database management systems, standards, guidelines and quality assurance for database deliverables, such as conceptual design, logical database, capacity planning, external data interface specification, data loading plan, data maintenance plan and security policy.
- Evaluate, optimize and modify databases, database objects and data access methods, regarding efficiency, validation checks, data security protocols, and documentation
- Participate in full SDLC process including unit testing, and quality assurance through various dev/qa/uat/cert server environments
- Work closely with other developers to integrate databases with other applications
- Other related duties assigned as needed
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must have experience with SQL Server and SSIS
- Work Experience of 5+ years at a minimum in SQL Server
- Experience as both an individual contributor and team lead role is a plus
- Knowledge of database utilities on multiple hardware/software platforms using multiple database engines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences
• Excellent decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
• Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed including ability to multi task and work across multiple teams
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.