SQL Server Developer at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
The Back Office Team is an exciting team of database developers and software engineers supporting the core CRM and boarding solutions for FIS’ transaction processing and Merchant Solutions businesses. We are a passionate and diverse team that works hard and plays harder.
What you will be doing:
As a member of this team, you will be helping build strong database solutions by using their strong T-SQL and SQL Server knowledge and working closely with other SQL developers to integrate with other application, adapting and modelling business requirements into database specifications, and engaging with QA for testing and validation.
To be successful in this role you must
- Bring 5 or more years of SQL Server or other relational database management system development and knowledge to the team
- Be able to design, modify, update database schema objects and securables such as tables, stored procedures, views, triggers, and other database objects
- Have a strong knowledge of Microsoft’s SQL Server T-SQL language and related functions and features such as Always-On, Availability Groups, Replication, key management
- Have a strong understanding of the SQL engine and SQL OS (SOS) including index design, management, and maintenance
- Be able to work with other database professionals to maintain database dictionaries, follow overall database standards and practices, and integrate systems through iterative database design principals
What you bring:
What else can you add to the Back Office team?
- Do you have strong problem-solving skills?
- Are you an independent thinker but can thrive in a fast-paced team environment?
- Can you multi-task while performing work across multiple teams and projects?
Added bonus if you have:
- Knowledge of database utilities on multiple hardware/software platforms using multiple database engines (Powershell, SSO, SQLCMD, JSON and SQL translation, etc)
- Experience as both an individual contributor and team lead role is a plus
- Excellent decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
The posted salary range describes the minimum to maximum range for this job description in the state of Colorado. The salary range is posted in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay For Equal Work Act. The salary range for this same position may be lower or higher in markets outside of Colorado. $66,740 - $108,790.
For Benefits information, click here
View our benefits here: https://cdn.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/FIGLUS/documents/2021BenefitsSnapshot-1611561721803.pdf The posted salary range describes the minimum to maximum range for this job description in the state of Colorado. The salary range is posted in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay For Equal Work Act. The salary range for this same position may be lower or higher in markets outside of Colorado.$66,740 - 108,790
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.