SQL Server DBA
Greater Boulder Area
KPA (www.kpa.io) is a proven SaaS technology and services partner for corporate compliance and human resource professionals seeking opportunities to raise productivity, control expense, and mitigate financial and reputational risk via business process automation, improved safety and workplace compliance, and better HR practices. With KPA’s proven portfolio of end-to-end solutions and operational best practice clients can unlock opportunities to drive down costs, mitigate risk, and enhance the employee experience at a lower cost than clients can achieve internally.
Founded in 1986, KPA is owned by Providence Equity Partners, a top-tier private-equity company, and is focused on delivering SaaS solutions to the small and mid-size business (“SMB”) markets.
KPA is looking for someone that can grow with our company. A Database Administrator will have knowledge in Microsoft SQL Server 2016 with a keen sense of performance optimization, security, monitoring and troubleshooting. Some of the key responsibilities of the DBA include installing and configuring, updating database tables, backing up and recovering databases, building table indexes, and identifying and optimizing database query performance.
The following is an overview of some (not all) of the top priorities for this role over the first 12 months:
In the first 2 weeks you will:
• Install Visual Studio Database Project for SQL Server and install MySQL development environment.
• Have a running development environment confirmed by successfully building the Database Project for one of the existing web products.
• Restore obfuscated databases on local development environment.
• Connect to the different database environments.
In the first 30 days you will:
• Identify five performance related issues with the recommended solution which need to be fixed on the database server.
• Review and gain knowledge of the database monitoring tools used in Production.
• Review and understand the various jobs and processes running against the database servers.
• Begin working database helpdesk tickets
• Understand the database obfuscation process.
• Understand the implemented security processes.
In the first 90 days you will:
• Develop a tactical approach to fixing issues reported by the database monitoring tools
• Review and report access discrepancies to highly secure data.
• Review and adjust indexing strategy to one database on the server.
• Participate in the Production deployment process.
• Handle all database helpdesk tickets
• Restore QA/UAT environments on request.
In the first 6 months you will:
• Review and adjust as needed the indexing strategy for all databases.
• Handle all Production deployments.
• Fix or Report all issues relating to the database.
• Provide weekly performance summary of the database infrastructure.
• Review and Report any database access irregularities.
By the end of the first year you will have:
• Demonstrated knowledge of the all database environments for the business.
As a growing company KPA values its employees by supporting them with a full benefits package including:
- Medical (both PPO and HSA plans available)
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- 401(k) match with immediate vesting
- Life Insurance
- Short and long term disability insurance
Read Full Job Description