SQL Data Analyst I
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
This position is primarily responsible for maintaining the Big Data case queue and ensuring Sales and Business Development requests are handled within the prescribed SLA. The Data Analyst I will be assisting Sales and Business Development groups at Zayo by providing various analyses relating to Zayo’s network and geographical data. This position will also be responsible for ensuring Customer site data is accurately reflected in Tranzact, including Data Center and Facility Operator information. In addition to Customer site and geographical data, the Data Analyst I will be responsible for providing tenant analysis for areas of possible network expansion. The Data Analyst I may also be called upon to assist with integrations, reporting and ad-hoc requests as they relate to Tranzact Business Operations.
- Manage Big Data case queue while maintaining a 3-day SLA
- Provide near-net analysis for buildings close to Zayo’s network
- Ensure Customer site information is accurately reflected in Tranzact
- Update Facility Operator information and Vendor Location data
- Run fiber span analysis for potential opportunities near existing and planned networks
- Pull building/tenant analysis along network routes or geographical areas
- Use SQL or Microsoft Access to create complex datasets across multiple tables in Zayo’s Salesforce warehouse
- Create reports and dashboards in Salesforce and Analytics to provide insights for Business Operations team
- Manage day-to-day process such as account hierarchy merges, vendor expense plan updates and duplicate building cleanup
- Assist with integrations and ad-hoc requests related to Tranzact Business Operations
- Bachelor’s Degree or proficient knowledge in Economics, Applied Math, Statistics, Information Systems, Computer Science or other Quantitative Field.
- Intermediate to advanced level of SQL and other programming languages.
- Strong understanding of using SQL or Microsoft Access to pull and manipulate data from our warehouse
- Ability to accurately join multiple relational data sets with many-to-one and one-to-one relationships
- Ability to create reports and dashboards within Salesforce.com
- Capable and willing to independently and accurately solve logic-based problems
- Experience with Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to understand and create charts, graphs, and data visualization models.
- 0-2 years of experience with Salesforce.com
- Capacity to work on multiple projects and meet various deadlines.
- Aptitude for learning new/different processes within the company to better understand other data architectures and workflows
- Strong desire for teamwork and working in group settings
- Attention to detail and a basic understanding of aesthetics is essential
- A general understanding of telecom is preferred
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave