Solution Analyst Lead at CSG
The Solution Analyst Lead provides guidance and technical expertise in the creation of solutions that drive sustainable, high impact and customer user adoption. This role bridges our customers’ business challenges with the capabilities of CSG’s product portfolio. In collaboration with the Configuration, Operations, and Relationship Management Teams, the Solution Analyst Lead extracts, clarifies, and translates business requirements into documentation and conceptual designs from which application and solutions are developed. The Solution Analyst Lead defines business needs for new and/or enhanced products, services, or optimized business processes.
Position can be remote and based anywhere in the US.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Identify Revenue. Partner with the Sales, Customer Relationship Manager, and the Customer Configuration Manager to identify and qualify leads on new features, enhancements, and/or full end-to-end solutions.
- Transform the customer’s objectives or challenging problems into creative solutions and opportunities through use of CSG’s product suite or custom development solutions with PSG.
- Assist in the creation of designs that meet the customer requirements, fit within the OSS/BSS infrastructure, and maximize CSG’s product offerings.
- Participate in the development of sales proposals and other key documentation that are leveraged during the sales process.
- Participate in the solution selection and decision-making process and provide the necessary information to enable the customer to make an informed decision.
- Consult and Advise: Bridge the gap between CSG and the customer to identify and qualify business solutions and opportunities in alignment with customers’ business plans. Gather resource requirements and cost/benefits analysis for conceptual solution models.
- Collaborate with sales, relationship management, and customer care teams to identify and prioritize business requirements for new features and/or complex changes. Ensure business requirements are clearly defined, variable, and scalable globally across the company.
- Consult internally and externally on technical opportunities inherent in the existing product roadmap
- Leverage a logically structured, data-driven approach with critical thinking and disciplined problem solving tools to arrive at solutions that are mutually satisfactory for CSG and the customer.
- Gather requirements using interviews, document analysis, workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task, and workflow analysis
- Collaborate with developers, programmers, and designers in conceptualizing and developing product enhancements and/or new features.
- Participate in design sessions in prototyping new solutions for the purpose of enhancing product portfolio and increase user adoption of CSG’s product portfolio.
- Ensure technical viability of solutions as defined in the Statement of Work and subsequent change requests.
- Provide input on the creation of comprehensive solution architecture and requirements documents.
- May serve as a subject-matter-expert and participate in the resolution of system and product issues.
- Provide technical guidance to cross-functional teams through the design, build, test, and delivery process.
- Generate thought leadership around our product assets and overall solutions.
- Engage in knowledge transfer with colleagues on other teams.
- Continue to educate self on business to continue to create efficiencies and/or mitigate risk via technology changes for the business.
- Keep up to date on industry and product technology trends to ensure the ability to work on variety of different solutions for the business
Must be able to travel internationally and/or domestically (dependent upon location of the role) up to and exceeding 50% of the time
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, and/or a related field
- Typically 5-7 years of relevant work experience in the area of product management, solution design, and customer consulting in a comparable environment
- Experience developing in one of the following languages: C/C++, C#, JAVA, Python, and/or Perl on UNIX, LINUX, or Windows operating systems is highly desired
- Understanding of SOA
- Oracle and PL/SQL experience highly desired
- Experience in creating and/or participating in the planning and estimating of the full SDLC activities. Experience with Lean and Agile methods desired.
- Knowledge of CSG applications preferred.
- Must be able to take a holistic view of the overall business and produce solutions, in relation to the commercial impact of the business and translate into detailed functional and/or technical specifications
- Strong issue management skills; analytical, technical, and problem solving skills to identify and facilitate solution development in an effective and efficient manner
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships at all levels in the organization; both internal and external
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present solutions and the associated business impact in a clear and concise manner
- Process-oriented and logical thinker with the ability and flexibility and adaptability to respond to changes
- Ability to manage projects from small to medium scale
- Demonstrated ability to develop alternative solutions to technical & business related problems and recommend the best solutions to the business and project team
- Ability to leverage effective facilitation and negotiation techniques to gather requirements from a diverse range of stakeholders and group size