Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Software Quality Assurance Analyst II
Ball Aerospace and Technologies Corp. is currently looking for a Software Quality Assurance Analyst to perform testing and analysis on Mechanical Solutions systems and Extended Reality (XR) functionality to support the Mechanical Solutions and XR teams. The successful candidate will work closely with subject matter experts, developers, and integration specialists to ensure thorough, repeatable, and scalable quality assurance testing.
What You’ll Do:
- Create and execute on test cases, scenarios, scripts, and procedures across multiple engineering systems and disciplines.
- Document defects using a bug tracking system and report defects to team.
- Document test procedures using test management tools to ensure repeatability and compliance with business processes.
- Learn and understand all systems and inter-relationships in application suite.
- Review technical documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, completeness, and to mitigate risks.
- Build base of smoke tests to ensure applications and systems are functioning.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, the Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS in Information Technology or a related technical field plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- 5 years of recent experience in software quality assurance, including test cases and data preparation; manual testing techniques, and automated testing techniques preferred.
- Must work and communicate well with cross section of business to include SQA, product management, development, and subject matter experts.
- Understanding and functional knowledge of SQL Server and Oracle databases.
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Strong system testing skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work in multiple SDLC’s.
- Test Case management skills using Silk Central Test Manager and Azure DevOps.
- Knowledge of engineering and product lifecycle management concepts.
- Knowledge of Extended Reality concepts.
- Software Integration, Change Management, Agile Methodology.
- Knowledge of the following Software Applications: Agile, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, DraftSight, NASTRAN.
- Experience in testing Augmented and Virtual Reality applications and interfaces.
- Experience in Unity/Unreal Engine.
- Command-line Apps/Tools development experience.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $87,000 - $117,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.