SpotX is the leading video advertising platform shaping digital video and the future of TV globally and is headquartered in Denver with 10 offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC regions. In the US, SpotX works with nearly all major OTT stakeholders and reaches 4 out of 5 viewers of ad-supported CTV, or 50 million households.
We're looking for architects, developers and with all levels of experience with the architectures and implementation of technologies associated with data / audience management platforms and solutions and associated large-scale data stores. Additionally, experience with the design and implementation of machine learning models applied to audience characteristics and intender modeling graphs is a plus.
The Software Engineer (all levels!) role at SpotX is responsible for developing, documenting and installing software solutions, providing support for existing solutions, and studying existing solutions to identify possible improvements or flaws. In addition, Sr. Software Engineer is responsible for supporting a developing software team.
Requirements and Experience:
- 1+ years’ experience working for a technology company
- Design, Write, test, document code and architectures and provided release and fix support.
- Experience / exposure to scale challenges and solutions
- Ability of working autonomously when needed, given tasks without excessive detail but still able to determine solutions and work with Teammates to contribute brilliantly.
- Comfortable working in a Linux/Mac development environment
- Web-based environments
- Cloud-Native applications
- Relational databases (e.g., MySQL)
- Awesome object-oriented programming/design skills
- Comfortable at the Unix/Linux prompt
- Experience with unit testing, continuous integration, integration testing, and an appreciation for its value
Bonus SpotX’er talents:
- Degree in a computer science and / or quantitative field (e.g. mathematics, statistics, computer science or engineering)
- C++ / C
- Angular JS
- git / GitHub - we like developers who like developing!
- Agile development
- NoSQL (e.g., Cassandra) and Kafka experience
- Spark / “Big Data” experience
- Tech Lead ability / potential
- Solid understanding of Audience data and modeling designs and techniques.
- This position is based in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, unlimited time off, a comprehensive benefits package (including medical, dental, vision insurance), 401k matching program, education assistance, gym reimbursement, parental leave and an annual technical education stipend.
- The base compensation range for this role, depending on level I, II or III: $75,000 - $125,000. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component in addition to base compensation.
- At SpotX, we strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. We hire based on experience and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state, or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
- COVID-19 Precautions: remote interview process, virtual onboarding for new hires
- An innovative company building best-in-class technology from 10 offices around the world (including Denver, New York City, London, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo and Belfast)
- A fun, casual, and collaborative culture with a commitment to work-life balance
- An award-winning organization, check out our latest accolades here
- Committed to work life balance, offering a company-wide annual holiday break: our offices are closed from Christmas to New Years
- Proud to give back through the SpotX for Change Program matches up to $250 per year of employee donations to charities. SpotX contributed over $50K to charitable organizations in 2020
- Featured on The Muse, learn more about our company and view employee testimonials here
- In the news...check out our latest updates here
We LOVE our customers.
We BELIEVE in our people.
We RESPECT each other.
We are DRIVEN.
We are SPOTX.
SpotX is the leading video advertising platform shaping digital video and the future of TV globally. The company’s solutions enable media owners to monetize content across all screens and streams while providing advertisers with direct access to brand-safe, premium inventory. With best-in-class technology purpose-built for video, SpotX’s trusted, privacy-compliant solutions are employed by some of the largest media owners in the world including A+E Networks, Crackle Plus, The CW Network, Dentsu CCI, Discovery, Electronic Arts, Fox Corporation, fuboTV, Gannett, Microsoft, Newsy, Pluto TV, Roku, Sling TV, and Vudu. In the US, SpotX works with nearly all major OTT stakeholders and reaches 4 out of 5 viewers of ad-supported CTV, or 50 million households. SpotX is a subsidiary of Bertelsmann’s RTL Group and is headquartered in Denver with 10 offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC regions. Learn more at www.spotx.tv.