Software Development Engineer - Perception / ML at CANVAS Technology
A part of Amazon Robotics' Artificial Intelligence, Canvas Technology is using spatial AI to provide end-to-end autonomous delivery of goods. By using state-of-the-art cameras and other sensors, the system perceives its surroundings with unrivaled vision and fidelity. The system combines a mix of high-performance sensors with simultaneous localization and mapping software that builds and continuously updates maps in real-time, completely automatically. It has the capability to ‘see’ and identify different objects, people, vehicles, and places as it moves and react to moving people and vehicles in an intelligent way.
Work with a world-class team and help develop one of the most advanced 3D computer vision and machine learning systems in the world. You will work on our state-of-the-art real-time perception system utilizing sensors to localize, map, and navigate in complicated dynamic environments continuously over periods of months and years. The systems and algorithms that you help develop and maintain will be deployed in challenging real-world scenarios adding value to our customers. You'll be a key contributor to our top-tier computer vision team, have a huge impact in a developing machine learning technologies, and see your work come to life in autonomous vehicles.
We work closely with a number of different teams to deliver safe autonomous movement of goods. A successful candidate will have proficient technical ability, scientific vision, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a collaborative team environment.
· Bachelor’s Degree or greater in Computer Science/Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or equivalent.
· 5+ years of practical/industry software engineering experience with C++ or Python in a Linux environment with background in design patterns, data structures, and test-driven development.
· Experience with object-oriented design using C++ or Python.
· Proficiency developing production-quality software.
· Experience in software design and architecture.
· A passion for delighting our customers, no matter how complex or simple the solution.
· Master’s or advanced Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or equivalent.
· Industry experience in one or more areas in Machine Learning, Perception, Computer Vision, SLAM, Localization, Robotics, Motion planning, path optimization, Deep Learning, Autonomous navigation, Image processing, or related field.
· Advanced Math background in linear algebra and calculus (for example 3D graphics, projection, reconstruction, filtering, estimators, etc.)
· Understanding of machine learning techniques and how they can be applied to robotics.
· Familiarity with hardware-software integration of sensors, motor controllers and embedded systems.
· Expertise building and testing real-time systems
· Demonstrable experience in building, programming and integrating software and hardware for robotic systems
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation /Age