Senior Technical Manager, Data Science at Ibotta
Ibotta is looking for a Senior Technical Manager, Data Science to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding. This role will build and lead a team of data scientists and analysts; as well as drive innovative solutions using machine learning, data analytics, and statistical modeling for Ibotta and its internal partners. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of deploying models into production, the desire to serve as a technical mentor across the department, ability to evangelize data science, and willingness to provide descriptive analyses when needed. You will also be responsible for working closely with cross-functional leaders to define and execute on Ibotta’s growth strategy.
This position is located in Denver, Colorado or with the option of full-time remote. Candidates must live in the United States.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers
- Work with finance leadership to provide analytical insights that drive business decisions and growth
- Partner with the VP & Director, Decision Science to develop data science roadmaps and strategy across the organization
- Build and retain a team of highly motivated data scientists and analysts
- Balance management of ad-hoc and strategic finance analytics deliverables
- Serve as a technical leader across the department, bringing best practices in data science
- Establish automated processes to scale insights across Ibotta
- Collaborate with Decision Science leadership to identify new opportunities for advanced analytics
- Create new processes to standardize team practices and ensure operational excellence
- Research industry trends and standards to stay abreast of new developments
What we are looking for:
- 8+ years of experience in data mining, analytics, predictive modeling, machine learning, etc.
- 4+ years management experience
- Experience hiring, leading and developing top data science talent
- Industry experience creating NLP, graph, ML, and/or advanced statistical modeling to build predictive and prescriptive models
- Experience building centralized and extensible code repositories, packages, and workflows in Python or R
- Adaptability and willingness to flex work between advanced ML capabilities and descriptive work to meet the business where it's at
- Expertise in data storytelling, communication, and visualization
- Desire and ability to coach and mentor across the organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the proven ability to collaborate across functional areas to establish priorities and drive towards common goals
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $800 million in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity.
- Budgeted base compensation range: $145,000-$175,000. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component in addition to base salary. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.