Senior SQL Developer at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Establishes database management systems, standards, guidelines and quality assurance for database deliverables, such as conceptual design, logical database, capacity planning, external data interface specification, data loading plan, data maintenance plan and security policy.
• Evaluates, designs, codes, implements, optimizes and modifies databases and database applications with respect to JCL, access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation and statistical methods.
• May build windows, screens and reports and assist in the design of user interface and business application prototypes.
• Participates in quality assurance and develops test application code in client server environment.
• Provides expertise in devising, negotiating and defending the tables and fields provided in the database.
• Adapts business requirements, developed by business systems analysts/modeling/development staff and develops data, database specifications and table and element attributes for an application.
• Models databases and develops tables, stored procedures, views, triggers and other database objects.
• Maintains database dictionaries, monitors overall database standards and procedure, and integrates systems through database design.
• Works closely with other developers to integrate databases with other applications.
• May provide leadership and/or guidance to other technical professionals.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Knowledge of database utilities on multiple hardware/software platforms using multiple database engines
• Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development
• Proficiency to create and support database technical environments
• Proficiency in business modeling and requirements definition disciplines through Unified Modeling Language (UML), use cases, etc.
• Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
• Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
• Excellent decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
• Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
• Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Career professional role. Highly-skilled with extensive proficiency. Develops large and/or complex solutions that require analysis and research. Works on multiple projects as a project leader or frequently as the subject matter expert. Works on projects/issues of medium to high complexity that typically require demonstrated knowledge across multiple database technologies, technical platforms and business segments. Coaches and mentors junior technical staff. Works under minimal supervision on complex projects. Wide latitude for independent judgment. Typically requires six or more years demonstrated database analysis experience with at least one project as the application development technical lead on a “large” project, i.e., a project with duration of more than 6,000 hours or spanning more than four months.
View our benefits here: https://cdn.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/FIGLUS/documents/2021BenefitsSnapshot-1611561721803.pdf The posted salary range describes the minimum to maximum range for this job description in the state of Colorado. The salary range is posted in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay For Equal Work Act. The salary range for this same position may be lower or higher in markets outside of Colorado.$91,200 - 153,210
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.