Senior Software Engineer
Who we are:
Hi, we’re SambaSafety and we offer the industry’s most comprehensive driver monitoring software. Our technology helps everyone from large corporations to small companies ensure only the safest individuals are driving on behalf of their business. These companies trust SambaSafety to keep their employees safe on the roads, helping protect their brand, greater community and bottom line. Simply put, we save lives and are on a mission to reduce crashes on American roadways 20 percent by 2025.
We’ve built an inclusive, supportive, and exceptional culture where every employee is empowered in their role. Don’t take our word for it; we’ve been recognized as a Top Workplace by The Denver Post and Built In Colorado. And our employees rate SambaSafety top-notch, with a rock solid 4.7-star rating on Glassdoor.
We are looking for a passionate Senior Software Engineer to think critically, collaborate with product managers, and guide other engineers while designing, building, and installing software solutions. The successful candidate will be able to build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software in compliance with coding and technical design standards.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Execute full lifecycle software development
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Mentor developers in all aspects of agile development and continuous improvement
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Develop technical & domain expertise and apply to solving product challenges
- Assist in building engineering development processes that enhance engineering consistency and efficiency
- Tailor and deploy software tools, processes and metrics
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Remediate problems that have diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
Required Education and Experience
- BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering or combination of work experience
- Five years of development experience.
- Three years of experience developing software solutions which address internal/external customer challenges in software-as-a-service (SaaS) models
- Experience with multiple programming languages and technologies
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Proven work experience in software engineering
- Hands on experience in designing interactive applications
- Ability to develop software in Java or other selected languages
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC)
- Experience with test-driven development
- Mastery in software engineering tools
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Familiarity with software development methodology and release processes
Benefits and Perks:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off and Paid Volunteer Days
- 401k match and generous Healthcare Benefits including a fully employer paid family medical plan
- Wellness &Tuition Reimbursement
- Zoom Happy Hours
- Flexible Work From Home schedule & a Monthly Internet stipend
- Lots of Samba swag
- Samba Virtual Events including our famous Samba Sprint
- A chance to work with some of the brightest minds in technology
Our team of talented and committed safety professionals is exceptional. At SambaSafety we strive to foster an inclusive culture that supports, encourages and celebrates a wide array of diversity. We are committed to create a space where all employees can show up as their authentic selves every day, and we work to advance employee equality, diversity and inclusion.
SambaSafety provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, and expression or genetics.
Come join us to find out for yourself what all the excitement is about!