Senior Software Engineer - Product Data Acquisition at DHI Group, Inc.
Who are we?
We’re Dice and ClearanceJobs, services of DHI Group, Inc. We help connect professionals with the careers they want and companies with the talent they need—which we do by providing online access to relevant and meaningful jobs, candidates and insights within the communities we serve. And we’re looking for talent like you to join us in our mission to Connect Futures Now.
Why join us?
We're a team of passionate achievers partnering for the success of our customers and colleagues.
We're transforming the markets we serve by celebrating flexibility, ingenuity and inclusivity in all we do.
We're engaged in challenging, meaningful work to enhance the livelihood of those using our services.
We're coalescing in open, collaborative and dynamic environment where everyone's voice matters.
And so as you grow your career with us, we all thrive.
Why this role?
As Senior Software Engineer - Product Data Acquisition you'll be a part of a collaborative team that is responsible for developing and operating our Fraud Prevention, Job Acquisition and Profile Acquisition domain services as a member of the Product Data Acquisition team. The Product Data Acquisition team uses Python, TypeScript, Node.js and Java to develop serverless-first services on AWS using AppSync, Lambda, Dynamo DB, Elasticsearch, Neptune, Kinesis and others. We pride ourselves in creating resilient highly available systems, are believers in using the right tool for the job and are always open to new technologies where it makes sense. You'll take pride in delivering innovative value and increased capabilities to the market and being a true software craftsman.
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
- Leading full stack application design, development, automated testing, performance analysis, and deployment efforts of your team
- Performing code reviews to create more efficient, reusable and testable code
- Setting a solid technical example and mentoring other team members
- Working with software architects to identify and recommend requirements and develop designs for software enhancements
- Communicating key design and architecture decisions to ensure alignment within and across teams
- Working with Product Management to understand and solve business issues
- Actively contributing to and improving the team's Agile practices
- Communicating project status to team members and business users
- Resolving escalated incidents and problems with software supported by the team
For this role, we're requiring:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Understanding of algorithms, data structures, design patterns, and SOLID principles
- Understanding of distributed systems and Microservices architecture
- Strong testing skills including Unit, Integration, Performance, and end-to-end
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience with analyzing, designing, coding, building, testing and deploying application systems in a business environment and several of the following:
- Extensive experience building RESTful Web API's and integration systems with Python, Node.js or Java
- Experience with serverless function based architectures (i.e. AWS Lambda in Python, Java, Node.js)
- Excellent understanding of SQL and NoSQL Databases (Postgres and Dynamo preferred)
- Experience building large scale APIs, web applications and asynchronous services
- Experience with event-driven microservice architectures and domain-driven design
- Experience with Git (Bitbucket a plus)
- Experience mentoring and providing technical leadership within an Agile environment
- Preferred experience to set you apart from the crowd
- Experience with CI/CD tools (AWS Code*, Jenkins, Automated Testing, etc.)
- Experience with AWS (Lambda, EC2, DynamoDB, AppSync, API Gateway, CloudWatch, SQS, SNS)
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools, such as CloudFormation or Terraform
- Experience with Node.js, preferably with TypeScript
- Experience with Stencil, Angular or Front-end frameworks
- Demonstrable open-source work and contributions
Base salary/pay of $120,000 – $234,000 per year, plus 10% annual bonus at 100% of plan targets tied to company and individual performance. Offer will depend on location and level of job-related knowledge, skills, abilities and experience.
Healthy living - medical, dental, vision, FSA, HSA, disability, life, wellness & fitness programs
Future living - 401(k) match, performance bonuses, education assistance, learning & development
Enjoy living - generous paid time off, parental leave, flexible summer hours, social & giving events
How to apply?
You can apply below. You'll just need to provide your resume and answer a few questions—it'll only take you a few minutes!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.