Senior Software Engineer (Data) at VIZIO
Date: Jan 21, 2021
Location: Denver, CO, US, 80111
Company: VIZIO, Inc.
Locations: Colorado or Texas ONLY.
About the team:
VIZIO’s Vision Labs team is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join their growing team! The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on emerging and cutting-edge technology and progress the future of television and other smart home devices.
What you will do:
- Develop algorithms and solutions to intractable business and product problems.
- Develop technical tools and pipelines that leverage machine learning and big data techniques to cleanse, organize and transform data.
- Push the envelope on consumer-facing smart home products in computer vision, audio processing, and data mining.
- Lead data engineering projects to ensure pipelines are reliable, efficient, testable, and maintainable.
- Design, develop, code, test, and debug software in a variety of project phases from rapid prototyping to productization.
- Integrate and collaborate with other divisions of VIZIO to bring products to market including software, QA, product, and analytics.
- You have a BS or graduate degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience. Engineering, Math or Computer Science preferred.
- You have 4+ years of related work experience.
- You have solid programming experience in Python and SQL (C/C++ or Java is a plus.)
- You have hands-on experience in data engineering and big data processing frameworks such as Spark or Hadoop (AWS experience is a plus.)
- You have knowledge about data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques (familiarity with Machine Learning is also a plus.)
- You are a self-starter independent thinker that thrives on open problems in a fast-paced environment.
- You are a hard-working team player, with a “no task is too small” attitude and a willingness to get your hands dirty.
- You are a creative problem-solver with good intuition who nonetheless digs into root causes analytically.
- You have strong self-management skills and an ability to manage multiple projects and cross-functional stakeholders simultaneously to drive outcomes within often tight deadlines or quick turnaround times.
- You possess high attention to detail. You ask “why” and “how” instead of just “what.”
- You love building things! You love the challenge of translating a real-world business problem into highly technical product offerings and seeing it take flight.
We are Beautifully Simple.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and the #1 Sound Bar Brand in America. VIZIO's mission is to deliver high performance, smarter products with the latest innovations at a significant savings that we can pass along to our consumers. Our loyal following and industry-wide praise continues to grow as we redefine what it means to be smart.
VIZIO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third-party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Developer, Database, Engineer, Software Engineer, Computer Science, Technology, Engineering