Senior Researcher at Guild Education
Guild is hiring a Senior Researcher who will work closely with many of our internal teams (e.g., data and decision science, student experience, employer solutions, marketing) conducting primary and secondary market research to tell an objective story of our students’ experiences. We are looking for an experienced market researcher who will play a pivotal role delivering timely and pragmatic research that allows Guild to grow and change as quickly as the communities and networks that we serve. You will love this role if you are excited to use your research skills to understand Guild’s current and prospective students, ultimately enabling students to go to school affordably, all while moving at startup speed.
As Senior Researcher, you will:
- Conduct secondary market research to understand the competitive landscape and profiles of future Guild students
- Run primary research studies with appropriate screeners to recruit samples using general population tools
- Write meaningful interview/focus group questions, conduct interviews and focus groups, and uncover insights from qualitative data
- Design and analyze surveys
- Combine and analyze disparate datasets
- Create reports and communicate results to broad and varied audiences
- Consult and collaborate with other teams on research design and analysis
- Join a team committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 5+ years of experience leading market research projects in industry
- Proven business experience with Excel/Google Sheets (and BI Tools preferred)
- Keen design and data visualization skills
- Experience with quantitative data analysis, including data cleaning, descriptive statistics, and inferential statistics
- Expertise in qualitative data collection and analysis and familiarity with recruitment tools
- Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively convey research findings to stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds
- Demonstrated experience conducting secondary market research using public and commercial datasets
- A desire to learn, grow, and evolve within a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience bringing enthusiasm, flexibility, and patience to the role in a fast-paced, fun, and collaborative environment
- Experience with UX research methodologies, such as A/B testing, card sorts, concept testing, unmoderated user testing
- Experience building insightful reporting in Looker
- Competent in SQL and R or Python
- Something else? Wonderful, we're curious to learn more about you!
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We are one of the few female-led companies to hit a $1 billion valuation and the only Certified B Corporation with those qualifications. Our Series D financing round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $100,000 - $120,000 as well as company stock
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth