Senior Researcher at Guild Education
Guild is hiring a Senior Researcher who will work closely with many of our internal teams (e.g., data and decision science, client success, product and design, marketing) deploying qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and visualizing data trends to tell an inclusive story of our students’ experience. We are looking for an experienced researcher who will play a pivotal role delivering timely and pragmatic research that allows Guild to grow and change as quickly as the communities and networks that we serve. You will love this role if you are excited to use your research, data visualization, and narrative skills to understand Guild’s current and prospective students, ultimately enabling students to go to school affordably, all while moving at startup speed.
As Senior Researcher, you will:
- Write meaningful interview/focus group questions, recruit participants, conduct interviews and focus groups, and uncover insights from qualitative data
- Design and analyze surveys
- Combine and analyze disparate datasets
- Serve as a subject matter expert for Looker within the Research team, supporting team members in troubleshooting issues that arise and creating impactful data visuals with student data for cross-functional teams
- Design, run, and analyze longitudinal studies
- Conduct literature reviews from credible industry and academic sources
- Create reports and communicate results to broad and varied audiences
- Consult and collaborate with other teams on research design and analysis
- Join a team committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 4+ years of experience leading research projects in industry
- Proven business experience with Excel/Google Sheets and BI Tools
- Keen design and data visualization skills – you know how to transform data to generate useful insights and be easily digestible
- Experience with quantitative data analysis, including data cleaning, descriptive statistics, and inferential statistics
- Expertise in qualitative data collection and analysis
- Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively convey research findings to stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds
- A desire to learn, grow, and evolve within a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience bringing enthusiasm, flexibility, and patience to the role in a fast-paced, fun, and collaborative environment
- Demonstrated experience with SQL and R or Python
- Demonstrated experience building insightful reporting in Looker
- Something else? Wonderful, we're curious to learn more about you!
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.