Senior Research Analyst - Technology at GutCheck
At GutCheck, we pioneered agile market research to provide our clients with actionable answers and insights, globally, at the speed of their business. We believe in the power of consumer research, and we are dedicated to providing best-in-class solutions. By challenging the status quo to get to something better, we are continually evaluating new, innovative ways to take tried-and-true methods and make them more agile to best support our clients, helping them think smarter and act faster.
About the Role
GutCheck uses research to provide actionable insights that turn our clients into heroes within their organizations. As a Senior Research Analyst, you will be one of our hero-makers -- an enthusiastic, intellectually curious analyst who provides and applies tech industry expertise to make GutCheck the irresistible first choice for a wide variety of technology clients. In this role, you will be the lead researcher on the team that makes heroes at a top 3 global technology company.
In a typical day, you’ll handle the design, analysis, and reporting for a mix of qualitative and quantitative projects for technology clients, and will serve as an expert on the application of survey and non-survey data to solve client business problems. You will also excel at thinking on your feet to thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on delivering the mix of speed, quality, and value that our clients desire. If you’re interested in making heroes and working in a cutting-edge, agile research environment, then this is the role for you.
This position will report to a manager based in Denver, Colorado, but you can also be located in New York City or Chicago if need be.
What You’ll Do
- Tee It Up! Live by and champion our cultural values of Team, Educated Opinion, Economic Thinking, Intellectual Honesty, and Trust
- Maintain and promote a positive, optimistic outlook, personal accountability, and solution-focused orientation among immediate and cross-functional team members
- Research Design, Analysis, Reporting and Execution (DARE)
- Provide recommendations on research methodology, scope, survey design, and analysis for qualitative and quantitative studies to address client business objectives
- Design research and conduct analysis and reporting for multiple, fast-paced international and domestic technology-related projects
- Use your industry and research knowledge to provide guidance to other teammates working on (non-competitive) tech-related studies
- Write compelling story-driven reports that demonstrate a clear understanding of client business objectives and issues in the tech industry, especially with regard to adoption of new tech products
- Ensure that reports for our technology clients are based on well-designed agile research with analysis and reporting that provides actionable recommendations against client business objectives
- Demonstrate audience expertise by linking pre-launch audience insights to recommended marketing actions
- Client Management and Customer Satisfaction
- Maintain a maniacal focus on research quality, speed, and relationship building while working on projects for some of our biggest accounts
- Proactively engage with clients to ensure a positive experience and maximize the value and benefit of the product and services provided
- Serve as an expert in linking our strategic and tactical solutions to best meet client needs
- Support our Sales and Client Service teams working with tech clients as a client-facing technical expert
- Product Support
- Use your knowledge of the tech industry to provide guidance, as needed, to theGutCheck teams develop new research products and features
We’re an agile, fast growing company and this job description isn’t meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you’ll do
- Advanced degree or training in a research or business-related field (social science, management, psychology, statistics, market research, business)
- Typically, 8-12 years of experience in market research methodologies and analysis including strategic and tactical, quantitative and qualitative
- 5+ years of experience in a research, marketing, or branding role focused on the technology industry
- A strong understanding of issues affecting the tech industry and the ability to apply this understanding to make insights actionable.
- Deep understanding of consumer decision making and the ability to translate this understanding into actionable business recommendations
- Ability to see patterns in data – survey and non-survey -- and to connect those patterns to consumer behavior
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an environment of multiple projects with turnaround times substantially shorter than the industry average
- Big picture thinker who can pinpoint the heart of each key business issue and set it within its broader context
- The ability to communicate difficult concepts in a clear, straightforward way.
- Exceptional communication skills, written and oral including strong presentation skills for audiences of any size
- A 2nd language spoken
- Knowledge of the gaming or app-related sectors a plus
- Experience with integrating survey and non-survey data during analysis
- Client-side tech industry experience
- Experience with statistical techniques such as linear or logistic regression, cluster or factor analysis or their applications such as segmentation or key driver analysis
GutCheck is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.