Senior Research Analyst - Brand Health or CX Tracking at GutCheck
At GutCheck, we pioneered agile market research to provide our clients with actionable answers and insights, globally, at the speed of their business. We believe in the power of consumer research, and we are dedicated to providing best-in-class solutions. By challenging the status quo to get to something better, we are continually evaluating new, innovative ways to take tried-and-true methods and make them more agile to best support our clients, helping them think smarter and act faster.
About the Role
GutCheck uses research to provide actionable insights that turn our clients into heroes within their organizations. As a Senior Research Analyst, you will be one of our hero-makers -- an enthusiastic, intellectually curious analyst who provides and applies your brand health or CX tracking expertise to make GutCheck the irresistible first choice for a wide variety of clients.
In a typical day, you will handle the design, analysis, and reporting for a mix quantitative projects with your highest priority being the design, field monitoring set up, analysis and reporting for the first 1-2 waves of every agile tracking study GutCheck conducts. You will also provide training and coaching/mentoring to your teammates who are executing and delivering reports for client trackers or on other quantitative projects related to brand heath or CX.
Over time, you will develop strong knowledge of GutCheck’s product solutions so that you can recommend deep dives when tracking results warrant it. You will also excel at thinking on your feet to thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on delivering the mix of speed, quality, and value that our clients desire. If you’re interested in making heroes and working in a cutting-edge, agile research environment, then this is the role for you.
This position will report to a manager based in Denver, Colorado, but applicants can also be located in New York City or Chicago.
What You’ll Do
· Tee It Up! Live by and champion our cultural values of Team, Educated Opinion, Economic Thinking, Intellectual Honesty, and Trust
· Maintain and promote a positive, optimistic outlook, personal accountability, and solution-focused orientation among immediate and cross-functional team members
· Recommend research methodology, scope, survey design, and analysis – especially for tracking studies or projects on brand health or CS topics -- to address client business objectives
· Design research and conduct and/or review analysis and reporting at speed for multiple tracking projects and recommend follow up pulse or deep dive studies as needed
· Apply your knowledge and experience with tracking studies to ensure sample and design stability to promote client confidence in our ability to measure real change over time
· Write compelling story-driven reports that demonstrate a clear understanding of client business objectives and provide actionable recommendations related to brand health and the consumer experience
Client Management and Customer Satisfaction
· Maintain a maniacal focus on research quality, speed, and relationship building while working on projects for some of our biggest accounts
· Proactively engage with clients to ensure a positive experience and maximize the value and benefit of the product and services provided
· Support our Sales and Client Service teams as a client-facing technical expert on tracking studies and on brand health or CX-related topics.
We’re an agile, fast growing company and this job description isn’t meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or of all of the things you’ll do
· Advanced degree or training in a research or business-related field (social science, management, psychology, statistics, market research, business)
· Typically, 8-12 years of experience in market research methodologies and analysis including strategic and tactical, quantitative and qualitative
· 3+ years of experience in a research, marketing, or branding role focused on brand health or CX tracking
· Experience incorporating sales, social media, or other non-survey information to diagnose or provide further depth to clients conducting tracking studies
· Deep understanding of consumer decision making and the ability to translate this understanding into actionable business recommendations
· Ability to see patterns in data – survey and non-survey -- and to connect those patterns to consumer behavior
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an environment of multiple projects with turnaround times substantially shorter than the industry average
· Big picture thinker who can pinpoint the heart of each key business issue and set it within its broader context
· Can communicate difficult concepts in a clear, straightforward way.
· Exceptional communication skills, written and oral including strong presentation skills for audiences of any size
· A 2nd language spoken
· Experience applying your skills to business problems in the technology or retail sectors
· Experience with statistical techniques such as linear or logistic regression, cluster or factor analysis or their applications such as key driver analysis or segmentation
GutCheck is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.