Senior Quality Assurance Data Engineer
The data team at Recurly is committed to providing high-quality insights for our customers via in-app reports, visualizations, and exports on key subscription indicators. We are looking for a Senior Data QA Engineer with great working knowledge of functional, unit, automation, and data testing. We will rely on you to generate well-articulated data-oriented test cases and determine the positive, negative and boundary cases from working with our cross-functional teams in fast-paced, agile, and release driven environment.
- Data Validation - Develop automated procedures to ensure data accuracy and integrity of complex data exports and reports
- Test the ETL process and business logic that drives our in-app reporting features
- Define, develop, and implement quality assurance practices and procedures, test plans and perform other QA assessments for all data related code changes
- Develop automated tests using open source tools
- Configure and maintain test automation environments
- Create scripts, test sequences, and implement manual procedures to ensure proper test coverage
- Work closely with other QA team members to understand and validate upstream application changes and impacts on data, exports, and reports
- Work closely with Development, Product team and other organizations in the company to promote software quality standards
- Work closely with Customer Support to replicate customer issues and product field use cases
- Participate in test team activities including requirements analysis, test planning, tracking, reporting, and support of test cycles.
- Engage in test case execution including defect documentation and tracking, resolution support, and fix verification
- Extensive experience with SQL, Ruby, and web services. Big Data skills appreciated.
- Experience testing multi-tier, consumer-facing web applications at more than just the UI level
- Experience testing batch / streaming ETL processes using Spark, Beam, etc.
- Parsing and analysis of free-form and fixed form data sets
- Good problem solving and debugging skills
- Comfortable working in Agile development environment
- Experience executing API tests
- Broad experience designing and maintaining automated tests for whitebox and blackbox testing
- Experience with unit testing frameworks: RSpec (preferred), Minitest/Test::Unit or similar
- Experience with libraries used to implement browser automation: Watir (preferred), Selenium, Capybara, etc.
- Knowledge of best practices for the Software Development Life Cycle (SLDC)
- Working knowledge of JIRA or other issues and project tracking software.
- Experience with Git or other distributed revision control and source code management systems.
A Plus, but not Required:
- Background in payments desirable but not required
- Experience in platforms non-functional requirements and operating systems
- Experience in performance testing and/or security testing
Recurly is an enterprise-class subscription management platform that cuts through the complexity of subscription management to optimize and automate revenue growth. Founded in 2009, Recurly uses an open platform approach to easily connect with a broad variety of back-office systems. In addition to enabling lightweight and flexible custom integrations, Recurly also has powerful out-of-the-box integrations with enterprise solutions like Salesforce, NetSuite, and Avalara to provide efficiencies through end-to-end automation of billing events throughout the customer lifecycle.
Recurly's flexible architecture, coupled with deep expertise in the payments industry is validated by the billions of dollars in transactions the company processes each year. Thousands of companies worldwide depend on Recurly to manage and optimize their rapidly-growing subscription businesses.